Profile Image Placeholder

Krispen Culbertson

Culbertson & Associates
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Mr. Culbertson has nearly 25 years of legal experience and is a widely recognized Federal and State Court Litigator.

In the past year, Mr. Culbertson has been in both National and State news (see his website for links to newspaper articles ( He is also one of the elite percentage of attorneys that has a case reported in Federal Law Reports — the large law books that contain the controlling case law of the United States. He has handled dozens of Federal criminal and white-collar crimes, in addition to important Federal and State civil cases.

Mr. Culbertson practices appellate law on both Federal and State levels, and is a member of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia. He was educated in law at Wake Forest University in North Carolina and at Oxford University in England. Krispen Culbertson has handled over 3,000 cases in the Federal and State courts of North Carolina.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    White Collar Crime
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    International Law
    Human Rights, Imports & Exports
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Legal Malpractice
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Reasonable Fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
North Carolina State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
4th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken
  • German: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Senior Partner
Culbertson & Associates
- Current
Wake Forest University
cum laude, Student Government Representative, Literary Magazine Editor
Wake Forest University Logo
University of Oxford
Placeholder image for education.
Best Family Lawyers in Greensboro
Best Divorce Lawyers in High Point
Very Good Rating
Client's Choice Award
Client Champion - PLATINUM
Peer Review Rated 5.0/5.0
Chosen Member
Who's Who: Leading Lawyers in North America
Membership based upon trial success and other criteria
A+ Rating
Better Business Bureau Greensboro
Professional Associations
North Carolina Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
International Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Greensboro Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oxford Society of Washington D.C.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The North Carolina State Bar  # 17848
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
International Aspects of Child Custody & Abduction Law
Speaking Engagements
Assistant Instructor, Business Law, Guilford County Technical Community College Business Class, Greensboro, N.C.
Websites & Blogs
Greensboro Child Custody Lawyer
North Carolina Family Law Blog
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. I need to know what I should do about taking a drug test for department of social services
A: I'd just like to stick to answering your question:

(a) Yes, you have the right to refuse the drug test on any grounds.

(b) If you do, I'd make sure to have a private screen at your soonest opportunity following the DSS request.

(c) Not all Judges prefer hair follicle. Hair is just as easy, or easier, to manipulate via chemical hair treatments, as urine-- even more so, if urine is extracted under controlled timing and environment.

(d) If you choose to submit to the DSS request, make sure you follow up as soon as realistically possible with a private test of your own.

(e) If you can afford to, I'd involve an attorney in this process, as an attorney can preserve confidentiality with regard to the results of all private tests. ... Read More
Q. My husband bought our marital/family home prior to our date of marriage and I was never added to the deed or mortgage.
A: Your husband owns the home, but any mortgage payments during the course of the marriage could constitute marital property.

It is a complex situation and you'll need to consult a lawyer.
Q. My 14 yr old son is threatening to runaway. Who can I contact to try and stop this before it happens
A: As much as I hate to say this, there aren't any good options, short of serious vigilance and professional counseling.

Your other options:

(a) Call the police, who will say they don't normally act in that kind of capacity -- still, they might agree to give him a talking to;

(b) Call DSS -- if you want them to be a part of your family's life for potentially a much longer time than any reasonable person probably would.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Culbertson and Associates
Greensboro Family Law Attorneys
Family Law | Child Custody | Child Support
315 Spring Garden St.
Ste #300
Greensboro, NC 27401
Telephone: (336) 272-4299
Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)