Kim T. Stephens ranks as one of the most accomplished trial lawyers and attorneys in the state of Georgia. With more than twenty-five years of experience in litigation, he has won numerous awards for litigation and has successfully resolved high profile cases, defending professional and college athletes, doctors, police officers, and teachers charged with crimes ranging from misdemeanors to serious felony crimes. Kim has extensive experience in the areas of criminal law, personal injury, business and contract litigation, and probate law. He practices in all courts including federal courts and appellate courts, representing individuals charged with misdemeanor crimes, including DUI; felony crimes, including drug charges, sexual offenses, family violence crimes, burglary, theft, and murder; and federal crimes throughout Georgia. Kim is known for providing an aggressive defense for his clients and consistently achieving optimal results for the people he represents.
Kim is recognized both locally and nationally for his professionalism and skills as a litigator. He has earned the rank of superb on AVVO, achieving the highest possible score on the ten point scale that AVVO uses to grade attorneys.
Kim grew up in Newnan, Georgia and attended the University of Georgia where he started 46 games (a Bulldog record at the time) and lettered for four years on the Bulldogs’ football team receiving numerous academic and athletic honors. He scored in the ninety-ninth percentile on the LSAT, allowing him to attend any law school of his choosing. Kim earned his law degree from the Georgia State University College of Law, choosing this program because it allowed him to work full time to pay his way through law school.
Kim was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1993. He opened his own law office in 1998 and honed his craft as a trial lawyer becoming by reputation and performance one of the top criminal and civil trial attorneys in Athens and Northeast Georgia.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Contingent fees are accepted in personal injury cases only.
- Georgia State University College of Law
- J.D. (1993) | Law
- Honors: President of Student Trial Lawyer Association Finalist in National Mock Trial Competition
- Activities: Mock Trial President of Student Trial Lawyer Association
- University System of Georgia - University of Georgia
- M.S. (1988) | Sport Managment
- Honors: NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship
- Activities: Graduate assistant coach for UGA football team
- Top Attorney DUI
- Top Ten Attorney Award
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Nationally ranked-- top ten for criminal attorneys.
- Top 100 Trial Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Ranked as one of the top 100 trial attorneys.
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
- High Profile Cases, Georgia State Bar Carribean Seminar, Cancun Mexico
- Georgia State Bar
- The Law Offices of Kim Stephens
- Athens Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Attorney Kim Stephens Law Firm Blog
- Athens Laws and Ordinances that Students Need to Know
14 August 2019
- Georgia Supreme Court Strikes Down Portions of DUI Law and Supports the Right to Refuse a DUI Breath Test
19 February 2019
- What Students Need to Know About State Laws and Ordinances in Athens
9 August 2018
- Georgia’s Distracted Driver Law 2018
10 June 2018
- Athens Attorneys Celebrate Medical Professionals Appreciation Week
10 May 2018
- DUI Defense — What You Need to Know
25 April 2018
- Myth Busting Part 2: 10 Traffic Laws You Probably Didn’t Know Existed
4 March 2018
- Athens Criminal Defense and Family Law Firm Move to Prince Avenue
11 February 2018
- Arrested for a Crime: Myth Busting: Part I
6 February 2018
At the law offices of Stephens & Brown, you get professional advice and a powerful defense. Our attorneys are experienced, knowledgeable, and highly skilled and whether you have been charged...Law Offices Of Kim Stephens & Michael Brown
Are you being accused of committing a crime? Then the first thing you need to do is contact the Law Offices Of Kim Stephens and Michael Brown. Our...