Free Consultation: (978) 412-2141Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kim Carnevale

Kim Carnevale

CARNEVALE LAW OFFICES free consultation - call: (978) 412-2141
  • Animal & Dog Law, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
    Animal & Dog Law
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    White Collar Crime
    DUI & DWI
    Juvenile Law
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
ID Number: 561140
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
  • Russian
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
Carnevale Law Offices
- Current
Contract Attorney
Boston Law Firms - i.e. Cooley, LLP; Steven Zlochiver & Assocs.; Scott Marks, P.C.
Nigro, Pettepit & Lucas, LLP
SRIS LAW GROUP, P.C.(Boston cases/VA based firm)
Bar Advocate Attorney
Essex County Bar Advocates, Inc.
Certified as Bar Advocate to accept court-appointed criminal cases, representing indigent clients in criminal defense of misdemeanors and felonies.
Prosecutor, MA Superior and District courts - major felonies
District Attorney's Office, Essex County, MA
Superior court Prosecutor; Supervisor Lawrence District Court & Jury Sessions; Supervisor Newburyport District Court Jury Session
New England Law | Boston
J.D. (1992) | Law
Honors: Dean' List; 1989 Trustee's Academic Scholarship; 1990 Best Advocate Moot Court Award; 1992 American Jurisprudence Award.
Activities: Moot court; Student Prosecutor District court and Appeals
New England Law | Boston Logo
George Washington University
Bachelor of Arts (1988) | Pre-Law.
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Outstanding Trial Attorney
Essex County District Attorney's Office
American Jurisprudence Award
New England Law
Professional Associations
Essex County Bar Associaiton
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Massachusetts  # 561140
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Instructor, Presenting Forensic Evidence at Trial, State Police, Sudbury, MA
Conducted Mock Trial Demonstration of Introducing Forensic Evidence at Trial
Prosecution Specialist, Child Abuse Conference, Lawrence, MA
District Attorney's Office, Essex County
Presenter/Lead Coordinator, Statewide Training for Mandated Reporters, Salem, MA
Disabled Persons Protection Commission
Bar Advocate Attorney
Committee for Public Counsel Services/Essex County Bar Advocates, Inc.
Bank Lending Agent
Straub & Lyons, P.C.
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered
Q. Ex stopped paying child support because he had one and I had one. His is 19 and out of his house. Mine is 17.
A: Massachusetts child support laws allow for child support and educational expenses payments even after your child turns 18 and up to 23 years of age. The court looks at whether your child is “principally dependent” upon one parent which is usually understood to mean that the adult child lives primarily with one parent and includes time when your child is living at college as long as he/she lives with you during breaks and school vacation. An attorney can help review any orders you currently have in place to determine how best to proceed. Child support may be awarded retroactively, but only back to the day of filing, so If you are entitled to support, you should consider that as well.
Q. Criminal
A: If Probation has issued a warrant for you, then, as you probably know, you can be arrested on that warrant at any time and possibly held on bail pending any Violation of Probation hearing. Many lawyers offer free consultations and may help you decide what your options are and see if you can arrange with your Probation Officer to answer to the warrant and deal with your issues. For a free consultation, you may call my office at (978) 412-2141, Attorney Kim Gibson Carnevale, Carnevale Law Office, 70 Washington Street, Suite 214, Salem, MA. 01970
Q. Can I talk to my sons doctors/providers about his treatment while emergency temporary custody is with his grandparents?
A: Whether you have the right to talk with your son‘s doctor(s) first depends upon the court Order that is currently in place regarding legal custody of your son. Thus, if the emergency order grants sole legal custody to his paternal grandparents as guardians, which it likely does, then only they have the legal right to get information from the doctor(s). The doctor(s) can legally only take information from you and cannot give you information. In addition, mental health providers will have to abide by client privilege with your son. You should consult with an attorney before speaking with the doctors Or the grandparents since your statements may be used against you in the guardianship case. If you are indigent, you can call the clerk’s office and see how to file a Motion for court appointed counsel. If not, Local Bar Associations also have Lawyer referral services including lawyers who provide reduced fees for people who qualify.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
70 Washington Street
Suite 214
Salem, MA 01970
Telephone: (978) 412-2141
Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Available 24/7 for emergencies.