Kenneth Mitchell Kaplan

Kenneth Mitchell Kaplan

The Law Offices of Kenneth M. Kaplan, Esq.
  • Appeals & Appellate, Divorce, Domestic Violence...
  • District of Columbia, Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial Media

I have been practicing law in the state of Florida for 23 years. I attended the University of Miami Law School and received my Juris Doctor in May in 1989. After graduating from law school and passing the Florida Bar the first time I took the exam. I went into private practice as a sole practitioner. During my three years in law school I clerked at the law offices of Terry Rosenblum P.A. as a clerk I worked on cases involving Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Aviation Law, Real Estate Law, and Family Law.

I worked for approximately 9 different attorneys at the Law Office of Terry Rosenblum P.A. My responsibilities involved doing legal research, reviewing pleadings, preparing motions, and memorandum of law on different legal issues. This work helped me to gain valuable experience and knowledge that helps me to this day.

Based upon my experiences in different areas of the law I was able to determine that I found family law to be the appropriate fit as an attorney. Family Law deals with issues involving people and children. The issues are real, the attorney hears his clients’ side of the story, and is able to represent the client's point of view. The attorney is also capable of assisting another person at that most stressful period in their life to try to get them through their problems with the least amount of stress. Finally, the attorney should also do everything in his power to minimize the impact of these legal matters upon the children. I believe that to be an excellent Family Law Attorney requires an attorney to look at the whole picture and not only consider the merits of the case, but the impact that the outcome will have on the parties and their children.

The practice of Family Law also involves adoption is an extremely positive and healthy choice for potential parents. Most judges are thrilled to hear adoptions because the majority of adoptions are uncontested and result in a child becoming a member of a unified family. There are several different types of adoptions and I have handled each and every type of adoption in the State of Florida. In the end, the result is the same. A child or adult is adopted by someone who loves them and that person has agreed to make that loving relationship a legal bond.

Based upon recent changes in the law of the state of Florida Gay Adoption has become legal. Many attorneys are unwilling or unable handle these gay adoption cases. I believe that Gay Adoption is important because all people in this country are entitled to equal rights under the law. Gay people can provide a loving caring family for a child in the same matter as heterosexual couple. This is an area of my practice that I am seeking to expand based upon my knowledge of the law my belief that all people should be treated equally and the challenges that are created by new areas of the law which are involving and changing.

Finally, I handle Guardianship cases in the State of Florida. Guardianship cases involve the elderly or disabled who lack the capacity to take care of themselves. Their lack of capacity can be limited or deal with of all aspects of that person's life. These issues are extremely difficult because capacity can be lost suddenly or over an extended period of time. It is very important that the rights of the elderly be protected from abuse.

There are also many areas that I practice and a review of my web page will provide a better picture of who I am and what I can provide for you as a lawyer.

Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Elder Law
  • Family Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    $250-$350 per hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Court Mediator, Family Law
The Law Offices of Kenneth M. Kaplan, Esq.
- Current
Family Law Attorney
The Law Offices of Kenneth M. Kaplan, Esq.
- Current
University of Miami School of Law
University of Miami School of Law Logo
Boston University
Minor | Religion
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude
Boston University Logo
Boston University
B.A. | Political Science
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude
Boston University Logo
Professional Associations
Weston Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Elio Chang vs. Julia Chang, Case No. 3D07-1369
Third District Court of Apeeal, State of Florida, January Term, A.D. 2008
Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
The Florida Bar
Websites & Blogs
Kenneth Kaplan's Website Profile
Law Offices of Kenneth M. Kaplan's Website
Legal Answers
110 Questions Answered

Q. Can a judge grant parental responsibility & visitation to a parent who develop a criminal background during marriage?
A: These are deemed minor crimes and should not prevent Time Sharing.
Q. If a husband comes home and tells wife, we're done and then takes off and goes to hotel with new GF is it Adultry?
A: Yes
Q. If i was to apply for child support and dna testn was done does this intitled the father rights?
A: He needs to file a Paternity Suit in order to enforce his rights.
Q. If my present husband moves in with another woman while we are married, what can I do?
A: File for Divorce.
Q. Once a writ of ne exeat is signed by judge how can i enforce it so when my ex comes to the country they stop him
A: File an Emergency Motion.
Q. My husband is having an affair. I got an abortion with his child before I told him. Can he use this against me in court
A: No
Q. Can I go out of country for summer vacation while I am petition for family court filed? (but I'm not taking a child)
A: Yes
Q. I live in Fl (Polk County) and my ex husband will not let me move out of the county. What can I do? I am also unemployed
A: You can move at anytime. You can move with your children if you comply with the Relocation Statue.
Q. My children don't want to visit their father and I also have reasons to believe that he is using drugs, what should I do
A: Motion to Restrict Contact and Motion for Drug Testing.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
8603 S Dixie Hwy #412
Miami, FL 33143
Telephone: (305) 666-9797
Fax: (305) 666-9788