Free Consultation: (616) 732-8888Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kelly Lambert

Kelly Lambert

Law Offices of Kelly G Lambert III
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Bankruptcy...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

KELLY G. LAMBERT was born in Omaha, Nebraska and graduated from Ottawa Hills High School in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1981. In 1985, he received his Bachelor of Arts in international relations from Michigan State University where he was a National Merit Scholar. In December 1988, he received his law degree from University of Michigan Law School, where he was the recipient of the Wolverine State Bar Association Scholarship. In 1989 he was licensed to practice law in New York. In 1990 he was admitted to practice law in Michigan. He was admitted to practice in the US District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan in 1990 and 2009, respectively.
Mr. Lambert’s practice emphasis is in the areas of family law, bankruptcy and state and federal criminal representation. He also has extensive experience in civil, business and real estate law. In addition to his trial court work, Mr. Lambert has successfully advocated at the Michigan Court of Appeals.
In his criminal practice, Mr. Lambert has successfully litigated a broad range of criminal cases, including manslaughter, abuse and felonious assault, sex and pornography crimes, drug crimes, drunk driving and robbery. Successful outcomes to criminal cases include:
• Negotiating a 9 month sentence for a client faced with a life offense for a criminal sexual conduct charge.
• Negotiating a 1 year probation sentence for a client charge with negligent manslaughter who fell asleep at the wheel, struck and killed a pedestrian on the side of the highway.
• Argued a criminal sexual conduct case for a client facing a 15 year sentence, having all charges dismissed.
• Arguing a case over 4 months for a client charged with unarmed robbery, a 15 year offense, with the client receiving only a $250.00 fine.
Mr. Lambert has been actively involved in various community organizations for years, including the Clinic for Child Advocacy and United Way Justice Committee Board, legal writer for the Grand Rapids Times, volunteer for various neighborhood associations and election campaign committees, Grand Rapids Community College Business Advisory Board Member, Trustee for Living Word Church and Board Member for Guiding Light Mission (a homeless shelter). Prior to his legal career, Mr. Lambert worked at the Pentagon for the Secretary of the Air Force, Hq USAF.
Mr. Lambert is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the New York State Bar Association as well as the Grand Rapids Bar association.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Bankruptcy
  • Divorce
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    All retainers set according to details of the case. We promise to offer you a competitive price for excellent representation for your case. Payment plans are available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
6th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner, Attorney
Law Offices of Kelly G Lambert III
- Current
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
J.D. | Law
Honors: Wolverine State Bar Association Scholarship
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Michigan State University
B.A. | Internation Relations
Honors: National Merit Scholar
Michigan State University Logo
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar # 43874
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
40 Questions Answered

Q. Can he get full custody?
A: You need an experienced family law attorney today. Since you are not married - if the father is listed on the birth certificate, you both must have signed an Affidavit of Parentage. This says you have custody of the child. Consult an attorney today so they can advise you the best course of action. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. I pay child support how do I go about getting patenting time in michigan?
A: You need to file a Motion for court ordered parenting time. If parenting time is court order and she does not allow it, she can be found in contempt of court. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. Can I get a life insurance policy on my child's father without his consent even if he isn't on child support?
A: No. Probably not. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. Consent Judgment over 6 years ago. Ex now asking for child support because making less money now. Can this be awarded?
A: If it is a case eligible for child support, this can be requested at any time. It is possible to fight and have income imputed to your ex - she is not allowed to voluntarily reduce her income. Schedule a free consultation with an attorney - they will be able to review the details of the case and advise you how to proceed. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. I lost my rights to my kids an im pregnant for a new one can they take it
A: If you lost the rights due to CPS/DHS involvement - yes, most likely CPS/DHS will be notified and take the child from you when it is born. You need an attorney - today. They need to review why you lost the rights to your other children. This information will determine what is necessary to do in order to try and keep or get custody of the newborn returned to you. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. My daughter lost custody of her son (4 )to his father as she slapped a phone out of the fathers hand..will she ever be
A: It is possible, but she needs to make sure she has an experienced, aggressive attorney representing her in this matter. Most offer free consultations - contact one today to review all of the details about the case so they can direct her how to proceed. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. What split of uninsured medial should be followed after support ends?
A: After the child reaches the age of 18 or graduates from high school (whichever is later), the court no longer had jurisdiction over the child or things pertaining to the child, such as medical expenses or college expenses. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. If a mother has 6 kids and doesn't have custody of any of them and looses custody of the youngest to the state
A: There are too many details unknown here. Whatever was used to terminate the rights the younger child can be used in cases concerning your older kids as well. Kelly G Lambert III
Q. what is a bono lawyer?
A: A pro bono lawyer is one that will handle a case for no charge. Kelly G Lambert III
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
1444 MICHIGAN ST NE Suite 9
1444 MICHIGAN ST NE Suite 9
Telephone: (616) 732-8888
Fax: (616) 732-9480