Unique to Ms. Taraska’s chosen career in personal injury law, she was the victim of a propane gas explosion, in which a commercial building collapsed on her, her mother, brother and a close family friend. The explosion left Taraska with extensive second and third degree burns early in her life. She was hospitalized for 3 months, during which she underwent skin grafting of her arms, legs, hands, and chest. Incredibly, a year prior to the explosion, Ms. Taraska’s father and a reconstructive surgeon opened the only downstate burn unit in Peoria where she was successfully treated despite the severity of her burns. It is this life changing event that has played a significant role in Ms. Taraska’s career of representing the injured.
In 1995, Katrina Taraska began practicing law in downstate Illinois where she grew up. In 2000 she became a partner with a Peoria law firm where she enjoyed the privilege of advocating for her clients in their respective claims for personal injuries, medical negligence, workers compensation, and employment discrimination.
In 2009, Ms. Taraska joined the Chicago law firm of Goldberg & Goldberg, where she continued her professional experience as a Plaintiff’s lawyer in tort litigation. As a focus of her practice, she concentrates on representing individuals and their families in catastrophic medical malpractice and wrongful death claims. Her cases have involved spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, complications from surgical procedures, cardiovascular injuries, birth injuries, interventional radiology, infections, negligence in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries involving alleged abuse and neglect, gynecological and obstetric injuries, and products liability cases. Ms. Taraska also represents individuals involved in transportation accidents (railroad grade crossings, motor vehicle accidents, and semi-truck collisions), as well as premises liability claims, and injuries from assault, battery and false imprisonment.
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Employment Law
- Free Consultation
- Law Offices of Goldberg & Goldberg
- Bradley University
- Widener University Delaware School of Law
- Illinois State Bar
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court (Abraham Lincoln Chapter)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Katrina M. Taraska's Website Profile
- Law Offices of Goldberg & Goldberg Website
- Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyers Blog
- Birth Injury Litigation In Cook County, Illinois: What You Need To Know
26 February 2019
- Who is Liable in a Self-Driving Uber Accident?
22 March 2018
- OPIOID CRISIS- AN EPIDEMIC. WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS?
31 October 2017
- Invokana Litigation in Chicago (Cook County) Illinois
15 March 2017
- What’s The Relationship Between Abnormal PCO2 and Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy in Infants?
29 April 2016
- United States Supreme Court Defers Request To Make Exceptions To The Feres Doctrine In Birth Injury Case
28 April 2016
- Statute of Limitations Does Not Bar Wrongful Death Claims In Medical Malpractice Cases When Plaintiff Dies Midway Through Litigation
26 April 2016
- FAQ – My Medical Malpractice Case Is Going To Trial. What Can I Expect?
22 April 2016
- Tom Cruise Movie Producer Sued For Wrongful Death
21 April 2016