Free Consultation: (973) 979-9078Tap to Call This Lawyer
Karra Kingston

Karra Kingston

Karra L. Kingston Esq.
  • Bankruptcy, Collections, Consumer Law...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ms. Kingston began her career as a bankruptcy attorney. She has appeared in front of many federal court judges and has helped many debtors obtain a fresh start. Ms. Kingston understands the complex federal rules for discharging debt. While working as a bankruptcy attorney, Ms. Kingston’s dedication has resulted in settlements of large debts for clients at 20-30 percent of what they owed. She also has dedicated a great deal of her time helping clients facing foreclosure, keep their homes through the process known as Loss Mitigation. Ms. Kingston has won loan modification for her clients both inside and outside of the bankruptcy courts.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Collections
  • Consumer Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing attorney
Karra L. Kingston Esq
- Current
Leading bankruptcy law firm
Pace Law School
Websites & Blogs
Karra L. Kingston Esq.
Check out my blog!
Legal Answers
44 Questions Answered

Q. If in chapter 7, i want to sell my house for a profit, what do I need to do?
A: You need to get permission to sell your home or wait until the bankruptcy is over
Q. I live in New Jersey and own a home. I would like to know if I file bankruptcy if I would lose my house?
A: No you don’t have it lose your home if you file bankruptcy. It’s best to speak with a Bankruptcy lawyer who can review your case and determine which exemptions would be right for you! Karra L. Kingston Esq.
Q. Can the bank report a deed in lieu as "settled" on my credit report, even though my late payments have fallen off?
A: Yes they can you can contact the credit bureaus if they don’t report it or there is an inaccuracy
Q. Can we obtain low cost or free Lawyer services for Bankruptcy filing?
A: You can call your local bar association
Q. Are we legally responsible to pay for our dog attacking a neighbor's cat in our yard?
A: It’s hard to answer without more facts. I would advise speaking with an attorney
Q. If a house was sold in January due to a foreclosure is the current landlord entitled to rent after January?
A: Yes, until the foreclosure auction actually takes place.
Q. Can a senior citizen with dementia have any sort of assistance in her meeting with the trustee? Memory loss is an issue
A: If the daughter has power of attorney then she may be able to I would definitely speak with a Bankruptcy lawyer
Q. I'm looking for legal advice regarding my LLC, that is not generating any income anymore, and I am about to close it.
A: Hello, You could file a business chapter 7 bankruptcy but sometimes it doesn’t make sense are you sure your not personally liable for any of your business debt. I would definiteltnspeak with a lawyer
Q. I'm filling bankruptcy and my boyfriend is a co-signer on a loan. Is there a way he can be made to help pay for bankrupt
A: Just because he’s a co-signer on a loan doesn’t mean that he will be forced to pay for your bankruptcy. He will still be liable for the debt because he is the co-signer.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Karra L. Kingston Esq.
Staten Island
Toll-Free: (973) 979-9078
Karra L. Kingston Esq.
3710 Kennedy Blvd
Union City , NJ 07087
Telephone: (973) 979-9078
Fax: (718) 698-0194