Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Animal & Dog Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I do not offer free consultations because I am an expert in animal law. Other attorneys who offer free consults do not have my years of experience, so you get what you pay for, and a free consult is usually worthless. I do offer discounts on my normal hourly rate to non-profits, veterans and active service members.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 10th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- University of Colorado Law School
- J.D. (1999)
- University of Colorado - Boulder
- B.S. (1996) | Political Science
- Colorado State Bar  # 30934
- - Current
- PACFA Rule Changes for Petsitters and Rescues , Hopeful Hound
- No Kill Colorado
Websites & Blogs
125 Questions Answered
- Q. How can I get my puppy back if he was stolen from me?
- A: Gather up all the proof you have that the puppy is yours (where did you get him from, any vet records, a registered microchip would be great, photos, videos, witnesses) The police may only get involved if your puppy is worth enough for them to file misdemeanor or felony theft charges so keep that in mind. If they won’t help, I’d reach out to local media/problem solvers before either trying to file your own replevin lawsuit or hiring a lawyer because those suits are extremely complicated and time consuming. I’ve filed many, gone all the way to trial on several and it’s costly to hire someone who knows what she’s doing.
- Q. So I just encountered the animal control . And we’ll they said one of my dogs were being beaten and malnourished.
- A: Animal control officers can and will use deception while investing any number of complaints, even anonymous ones. I’ve had clients who were told the exact same thing, only to show their dog(s) to AC and have it seized for a completely different reason, for example to enforce a pit bull ban or to “ID” the dogs for an attack on a cat that the dogs were completely innocent of. (Just two examples that come to mind). If AC has credible evidence of a violation for which they can obtain a search and seizure warrant, they will get it. Hopefully you didn’t already say too much. Exercise your right to remain silent.
- Q. can animale control come 3 weeks after my dog allegiedly attacked a pony for quorintine
- A: They are not quarantining your dogs, rabies is the only disease they would “quarantine” a dog for and the limit is 10 days from the bite. After 10 days you’re dog would be dead or extremely sick if it had rabies. My guess is they told you its a quarantine to get you to hand over the dog(s) but in reality they have more sinister motivations.
Contact & Map