Julian B. Myers is an attorney licensed to practice law in Mexico and California. Given his bi-cultural background, Mr. Myers is especially valuable in bridging the “cultural gap” that often arises in cross-border transactions. Julian B. Myers represents foreign and domestic clients with matters in the U.S. and abroad, assisting them with a wide variety of legal matters, such as:
CORPORATE AND BUSINESS
• Business planning and entity selection.
• Entity formation, ongoing maintenance and legal compliance.
• Operational matters and fundamental changes (i.e. registration in other jurisdictions, annual reports, conversions, mergers and acquisitions, etc.).
• Corporate finance, securities and private placements.
• Corporate and business tax.
• Planning, negotiating and documenting business transactions.
• Assisting clients in developing and funding business opportunities.
• Preparing proposals, letters of intent, memorandums of understanding and contracts.
• Real estate transactions.
• Real estate financing.
• Creation and disposition of rights to real property (easements, licenses, etc.).
• Planning and creation of real property ownership structures.
U.S. Activities of Nonresident Aliens (Inbound):
• Planning and creation of corporate and business structures for nonresident aliens doing business or investing in the U.S.
• U.S. tax planning for nonresident aliens.
• Real estate transactions and creation of ownership structures for non-resident aliens.
• Cross-border commerce and trade.
Foreign Activities of Permanent Residents and U.S. Citizens (Outbound):
• Planning and creation of corporate and business structures in foreign jurisdictions.
• Cross-border tax planning (creation of structures seeking to minimize global tax and provide offshore asset protection).
• Real estate transactions and creation of real property ownership structures in foreign jurisdictions.