Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- English: Spoken, Written
- Portuguese: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Plainfield Municipal Court
- - Current
- Afonso & Afonso, LLC.
- - Current
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- J.D. (2009)
- State Bar of New Jersey  # 04031
Websites & Blogs
5 Questions Answered
- Q. I need a legal malpractice attorney but everyone I contact is retisen to help. Are there lawyers who are willing.
- A: Im sure there are lawyers that are willing to help you but that depends on if you have a viable claim. And unfortunately you did not provide us with much information to go on. Please advise on what the underlying claim is regarding and why you believe the attorney committed malpractice.
- Q. if I have a month to month rental agreement with a Tennent can I raise their rent or tell them I am ending the agreement
- A: That depends on whether or not there is rent control in the town the unit is in. If it is governed by rent control then there are limits on what you can raise the rent to.
- Q. My sister died. She had a security deposit of $1600. The landlord says she broke the lease and he will be keeping it.
- A: I'm not sure what you mean when you say the reason is "lost lease." If she continued to have a lease when she died, and still had more time left on the lease, then her estate is still responsible for those months. That being said he would be allowed to retain the security deposit to compensate him for those lost months and could still bring an action against the estate for any lost rents until the lease is completed.
Contact & Map