Joshua Williams concentrates on complex business and commercial litigation, probate and trust litigation, appellate practice and insurance defense and coverage disputes.
Mr. Williams graduated from the University of Central Florida with a B.A. (Film, 2013) and magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2016). While in law school, Mr. Williams was actively involved in the school’s advocacy organizations, where he held the position of vice-president of both the nationally ranked Charles C. Papy Moot Court Board and UM’s Mock Trial Team. While competing nationally for UM’s Moot Court, Mr. Williams won the prestigious Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Competition, for which he was granted the honor of arguing before a distinguished panel of judges including United States Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito. In addition, Mr. Williams participated in the School of Law’s Federal Appellate clinic, wherein he researched and drafted a brief in an appeal in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. In recognition of his oral and written advocacy skills, Mr. Williams was selected for membership in the honorary organization the Order of the Barristers, and, for his legal scholarship, was selected for membership in the honorary organization, the Order of the Coif.
Prior to joining Chepenik Trushin LLP, Mr. Williams interned for the Honorable Judge Thomas Rebull for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida. Mr. Williams began working at Chepenik Trushin LLP as a law clerk and transitioned to an associate upon admission to The Florida Bar in September 2016.
- Business Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
- Chepenik Trushin LLP
- University of Miami School of Law
- University of Central Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Joshua Williams' Website Profile
- Chepenik Trushin LLP Website
- Florida Probate Litigation Lawyer Blog
- In today’s electronic age, can you trust your Personal Representative (PR) to have control of your digital passwords?
23 October 2019
- If you are a Personal Representative in an estate, understand the Relation Back Doctrine statute
13 September 2019
- Beneficiaries of a Florida based trust – know the law, especially if you don’t live in Florida
16 August 2019
- Trust Income, know the Tax laws
26 July 2019
- Giving money to a child, a loved one, a relative or a friend – your intentions do matter
1 July 2019
- Help mom and dad with estate planning, but know your boundaries under the law
10 June 2019
- Paternity in Probate bench court – timing is everything, be aware
28 May 2019
- Beneficiaries and fiduciaries, know your entitlements under the law
6 May 2019
- Joint proprietorship of real estate and divorce, what happens when one passes away?
15 April 2019