Free Consultation: (217) 615-5030Tap to Call This Lawyer
Josh Rohrscheib

Josh Rohrscheib

Personal Injury lawyer serving clients throughout Central Illinois
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I believe the best lawyer for you is almost always the one who will care the most about you and solving your problems. He will take the time to carefully listen to you, understand your situation, and give you the best advice on how to deal with it. He’ll give you the time you need to get to know him so you can ask questions and fairly judge if you want him to help or represent you.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Bolen Robinson & Ellis LLP
- Current
University of Illinois College of Law
Honors: cum laude
Activities: University of Illinois Law Review, Associate Editor
University of Illinois College of Law Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Rising Stars
Super Lawyers
Nominee for Entrepreneur of the Year
Greater Decatur Chamber of Commerce
20 People Under 40 Who Make a Difference in Central Illinois
Central IL Business Journal
Professional Associations
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
National Australia Bank and the Threat of Global Class Action Securities Suits
Washington Legal Foundation
Speaking Engagements
Civil Claims for Financial Exploitation of the Elderly, DBA CLE Day 2017, Decatur, IL
Decatur Bar Association
Discussion of civil claims for financial exploitation of the elderly under 720 ILCS 5/17-56(g)
Certified Foreclosure Mediator
Resolution Systems Institute
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
18 Questions Answered

Q. My daughter was killed in a car accident and the other party was definitely at fault. She was a med student. How do we
A: This is an unimaginably difficult situation for any parent to endure. Please do not add the burden of trying to navigate the complexities of handling a wrongful death action on your own. There are many nuances to handling these claims, including complexities concerning medial liens, determining whether you should also be pursuing a claim under the survival act (if she experienced any conscious pain and suffering), and the critical importance of investigating all possible sources of recovery. Please contact a lawyer who handles these claims for help. To give you a more direct answer, our firm would retain an expert to prepare calculations regarding future earnings. This isn't really an analysis most people are well positioned to handle on their own, let alone to persuasively present to a jury, if necessary. Feel free to reach out to our firm if you'd like to discuss your case. You certainly have our sympathy.
Q. If I think voter fraud has occurred at my local precinct, who do I speak to about this to ensure it's looked into?
A: I'd talk to the County Clerk, unless you think that's the source of the fraud. Perhaps then turn to your State's Attorney. If you don't get any traction, you might raise the issue with the chairman of the county party adversely impacted by the fraud. They may be able to get more traction in pursuing it and put more resources into getting at the truth. That said, actual voter fraud is extremely rare.
Q. The campaign workers for one candidate in my town have been stealing political mailers sent out by the other candidate.
A: Yes. It could also create a little political damage if this becomes a story.
Q. If someone dies in an auto accident, but they were drunk, can the family sue the bar that
A: Yes. You should contact an attorney right away.
Q. My grandson died in a motorcycle accident - he wasn't wearing a helmet
A: I am very sorry for your loss. We would need more information to be able to answer your question. If you'd like to contact our office, I'd be happy to discuss this with you.
Q. In IL Can I tow a tennants vehicle after serving a 5 day notice after the 5 days? or do I have to wait until the end?
A: You should absolutely wait until the end and until after you have a judgment for possession for the premises.
Q. Can property given by the decedent 7 years before death count as part of the recipient's share of the estate?
A: I agree with Mr. Choudhry's response.
Q. Deceased parents' estate left to me in will. Do i have to take ownership? Estate underwater, now city wants to demolish
A: You may be able to get them off of your back if you record a document called a "Disclaimer" and do so right away. Get help from a real estate lawyer if you can. After you record the disclaimer, show it to the City and see if you can negotiate a dismissal.
Q. My neighbor drove his golf cart onto my property and hit my 11year old dog who was chained up outside. Can I sue?
A: Yes, you can sue. You should try to discuss it with your neighbor first to see if he will help with vet costs. I'm assuming your neighbor is more moron than monster and this was accidental. If you think his conduct was deliberate, there is a statute that allows for more serious damages for claims against those who have abused an animal, including recovery of attorneys' fees and punitive damages. As I answer your question, my own dog is curled up at my feet. I certainly feel for you and hope your dog has a full and fast recovery.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Josh Rohrscheib, Attorney at Law
308 E Washington St
Suite C
Bloomington, IL 61701
Telephone: (217) 615-5030
Josh Rohrscheib, Attorney at Law
202 S Franklin St
Decatur, IL 62523
Telephone: (217) 615-5030