Attorney Joseph Richards is a Certified Legal Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law by the State Bar of California, California Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Richards is an ambitious litigator. He has appeared before Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board Administrative Law Judges of Southern California on serious matters such as liens, AOE/COE, priority conferences, threshold issues, expedited trials on issues of medical treatment and temporary disability, mandatory settlement conferences, and trials of cases-in-chief.
In May 2014, Mr. Richards entered solo practice in Santa Ana, exclusively representing Applicants in Workers’ Compensation insurance claims, engaged in the filing of the Applications for Adjudication to resolution by settlement or trial.
Mr. Richards now spends approximately 90% of his practice time as an Applicant’s Attorney in the California Workers’ Compensation Insurance system with regular frequency. The other 10% is split between labor & employment law, wages & hours law, personal injury tort law, and disability law. Mr. Richards is willing to prioritize client matters to achieve the greatest value for each individual situation. He holds insurance carriers accountable in a competitive legal landscape.
Clients can trust Mr. Richards’ credentials and review his success stories.
Mr. Richards is a member of the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association, Orange County Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section and a member of the California Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Section. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, membership in which is limited to Trial Lawyers who have demonstrated exceptional skill, experience and excellence in Advocacy by achieving a trial verdict, award or settlement in the amount of One Million Dollars or more.
Every case is different, and past results cannot be a guarantee of future performance.