Free Consultation: (205) 236-3997Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Joseph A. Ingram

Ingram Law, LLC
  • Divorce, Criminal Law, Workers' Compensation...
  • Alabama
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I have been practicing law in Alabama for 14 years. My practice is based on litigation of civil and criminal cases. I have represented individuals and businesses throughout the state of Alabama and the Southeast in Federal court. To date, I have successfully tried more than 10 federal jury trials, including two excessive force actions under 42 U.S.C. 1983 and one case under the Eight Amendment for cruel and unusual punishment. I was selected by the Federal Court to serve as a charter member of the Federal Defender for the Northern District of Alabama . Also, my very first case, I tried and won both at the trial level and appellate level, which became a reported case, Baron v. Scroggins. I look forward to speaking with you and helping you resolve your issues.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Criminal Law
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Family Law
  • Collections
  • Landlord Tenant
  • DUI & DWI
  • White Collar Crime
  • Domestic Violence
  • Bankruptcy
  • Immigration Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Municipal Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Payments can be made via my website My office uses LawPay which is recommended by the Alabama State bar for electronic transactions.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Ingram Law, LLC
- Current
Successful law practice involving creative solutions to comlex legal problems.
Law Clerk
Jefferson County District Attorney's Office
Provide legal research and writing for legal issues.
Law Clerk
Crittenden * Martin
Provide legal research and writing of legal issues. Meet with clients to gain information related to cases.
Samford University
M. Ed. (2014) | Education, Concentration Seconday Social science
Honors: 3.75 GPA
Samford University Logo
Birmingham School of Law
J.D. (2002) | Law
Honors: Sigma Delta Kappa Law Honor Fraternity
Placeholder image for education.
Samford University
B.S. (1998) | Business Management
Honors: Dean's List
Samford University Logo
Professional Associations
National Association of Criminal Lawyer's Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alabama State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Birmingham Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Serve on various sub-committees
Placeholder image for professional associations.
CJA Publc Defender's Panel for Northern District of Alabama
Activities: Provide criminal legal representation to indigent defendants.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Guest Lecturer, National Conference of Legal Secretaries, Birmingham, Alabama
Criminal Procedure
Taught class related to evidence issues
Guest Lecturer Birmingham School of Law, Evidence Class, Birmingham, Alabama
Taught class related to evidence issues
Websites & Blogs
Ingram Law LLC Website
Legal Answers
16 Questions Answered

Q. Can I drop DV charges against my Ex if it has been over 2 year w/o an arrest?
A: The best way is just not show up for court and the DA will have to dismiss the case for lack of prosecution
Q. How do you file a lawsuit against a property who owes you money for work completed in Alabama.
A: I presume that you may be a subcontractor and do not have a contract. That is still ok because you can tsity and show pictures of the work performed. If the party has money or assets, i would file a lawsuit. the question is how much money is at issue? If you would like to pursue it, call me at 205-335-2640 Ingram Law LLC.
Q. Struck by car and injured in walmart parking lot while pushing 2 buggies of groceries. Should she retain a lawyer ?
A: first, is ws she injured and what are her injuries? Does she have any medical bills or loss of income from missing work? If so, i would be glad to talk with her. Ingram Law LLC. 205-335-2640
Q. If my dad who lived in alabama dies and does not have a will does everything go to my stepmom or am I entitled to anyth
A: good news, everything does not go to your step-mother. She is entitled to half plus half the balance of the estate, plus some living exemptions. The first $15,500 case. Please call if I can help Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640
Q. I settled my workmans comp case and signed a contract not to file for any future injuries, can I file a new injury?
A: Yes you may file a new claim if it is a new injury not to the same body part. Please call if i can help Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640
Q. I still havent returned to work and workmans comp wants to speak to me at work is this normal
A: Generally, if you have filed a claim, and are receiving temp disability pay, then you should not speak with your employer. However, I presume you do not have a lawyer at this point. Sometimes the insurance nurse or caseworker may want to speak with you about your injury before determining a referral specialist. You have a right to pick from a panel of three physicians. I would be glad discuss your case with you, my practice is about 50% workers' compensation claims. Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640
Q. My husband has been indicted on the sixth circuit of eastern district Federal on conspiracy to manu. meth
A: Dear Wife, i serve on the Federal Defender's Panel for the Northern District of Alabama and practice federal criminal in other states as well. it is not uncommon for a federal defender to have more than one practice area. i can assure that if the lawyer was on a federal panel of attorneys the lawyer was a pretty good trial lawyer. However, he can ask for a new lawyer, but the court does not have to let him pick and choose his counsel, since he has claimed indigent. i would be happy to discuss the case for possible representation if you are interested. Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640 Joseph A Ingram,
Q. As a cosigner on a bond in Tennessee, can you be charged with a felony if the defendant skips their court date?
A: You may not be charged with a crime, but you may be taken into custody until the defendant is located. Also, if the U.S. Attorney believes and can prove it to a grand jury you could be charged as an accessory to the the absentia. My practice is devoted to federal criminal litigation and i practice in all 50 states. Please call if I can help. Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640
Q. After being denied procedural bars;what is nexts to do?
A: First I applaud you for your effort not to give up. There are a couple of post conviction remedies such as a 2241 and a 2252 action. Both take time to get the information and can be a longshot. However, all cases deserve review. I am not sure if your husband pled guilty or had a trial. that would be the first issue for me. You may call me to discuss Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Ingram Law LLC
3 Office Park Cir
Suite 230
Birmingham, AL 35223
Telephone: (205) 236-3997