Free Consultation: (208) 391-2020Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jordan C. Moody

Jordan C. Moody

Wilner & O'Reilly, APLC
  • Immigration Law
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Jordan Moody is the managing attorney at the firm's Boise, Idaho office. He specializes in immigration law, and is particularly involved in representing clients in family-based, transactional, asylum, U-visa, and removal defense cases. One of Wilner & O’Reilly’s many bilingual attorneys, Jordan is also fluent in the Spanish language. Jordan did his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University. He attended law school at the University of Iowa College of Law. While there, Jordan served as president of the Iowa Student Bar Association, the law school's student government. Before joining the team at Wilner & O’Reilly, he worked at the University of Iowa's legal clinic where he handled family-based, asylum, removal defense, and U-visa cases for indigent clients. In his spare time, Jordan enjoys spending time with his family, the outdoors, nutrition, and reading his kindle in any spare moment. Jordan, his wife Cami, and their dog Scout reside in Boise, Idaho.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Wilner & O'Reilly, APLC
- Current
University of Iowa
J.D. (2014)
Honors: Boyd Service Award
Activities: ISBA President
University of Iowa Logo
Top Contributor
Boyd Service Award
University of Iowa
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar # 15203
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Expanded Provisional Waiver Program
Firm Website
Speaking Engagements
Primera Llamada, Nampa, Idaho
La Mejor
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
18 Questions Answered

Q. Am perm resident. Want to marry illegal who overstayed visa. Is it better to become USC first, or marry, then become USC
A: If you petition a spouse as a PR, and then become a USC while the petition is pending, you can change the visa category. So I would advise you to start both the petition and naturalization processes now.
Q. How quickly can I get a fiancée visa for my future wife who's a Japanese citizen?
A: The first step (I-129) is taking about 7-9 months currently. Then scheduling the interview with the U.S. consulate there will likely take another 2-3 months or so.
Q. Can I renew my license with the I-797 notice action in Idaho?
A: The I-797 notice of action is the same title for all government receipts, so more information is needed. Reach out to an attorney in your area. Some of them offer free consultations. This answer will depend on the type of application you have filed.
Q. For the U Visa I'm having the local law enforcement sign I-918 form!! I would greatly appreciate it if I could get help
A: Call a local attorney for help to determine if there might be a way to get the signature from law enforcement.
Q. Does America accept divorces obtained in Denmark? (Regards to K1 visa)
A: With a few nuances, the rule is that if the divorce decree is accepted by a recognized government, the U.S. agencies will recognize it for purposes of immigration, K-1 in your case. So in this situation, if Denmark recognizes the divorce with the documentation that you have, then U.S. agencies will as well.
Q. can a european citizen visits an inmate in USA state prison? Is it even possible are they any options? please help.
A: That will depend on the rules of the prison, but the process would be to call the prison and ask if a person would be able to use a foreign passport as a form of ID during an inmate visit.
Q. I'm the victim of domestic violence/strangulation and with minors present, can I drop the charges and set the abuser fr
A: This is a question for a criminal defense attorney, and I would seek a consultation with a one as soon as possible. But the prosecutor cannot have your children taken away if you refuse to testify. That can only be decided by a judge. If there were signs of physical injury, the prosecutor can bring charges without your cooperation. If you have follow up immigration questions, please let me know. Victims of crimes can qualify for immigration benefits, but only if they are helpful in an investigation or prosecution of the crime that was committed against them.
Q. can a person with no amercian citizenship visit a incarcerated?
A: That's going to depend on what identification documents the prison will accept. Call the prison where your boyfriend is being held and ask them what forms of ID would be accepted for visits. A foreign passport should be sufficient for them.
Q. Can I apply for asylum if I change my religion while in the United States
A: Yes. You will not need to worry about the one year deadline because of a change of circumstances, and because you are in current lawful status. Consult an immigration lawyer for specific direction based on your specific case.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
10173 West Overland Road
Boise, ID 83709
Telephone: (208) 391-2020