Free Consultation: (763) 425-6330Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan Matthew Holson

Jonathan Matthew Holson

  • Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI, Criminal Law...
  • Minnesota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Martin & Wagner, P.A.
- Current
Assistant Public Defender / Managing Attorney
Stearns County Public Defender
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
J.D. (2002) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Misdemeanor Defense Clinic, Appellate Defense Clinic
Furman University
B.A. (1999) | Political Science / Philosphy
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Activities: Mock Trial, College Democrats
Professional Associations
State Bar of Minnesota # 032503X
Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Roving Instructor, Minnesota State Public Defender Trial Institute, St. Paul, MN
Minnesota State Public Defender
Small Group Facilitator, Sentencing Advocacy Institute, Brainerd, MN
Minnesota State Public Defender
Roving Instructor, Minnesota State Public Defender Trial Institute, St. Paul, MN
Minnesota State Public Defender
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
118 Questions Answered

Q. can I a 16 year old tell someone who is a bad influence to my mother and siblings to stay out of the house?
A: No. You cannot tell him to stay out, but you could certainly apply for a harassment restraining order or order for protection if one is warranted. That would be your best avenue to keep him out of the home.
Q. My son (28 yrs old) was in an accident and was mailed a ticket for failure to yield to right away.
A: The charge is a misdemeanor which is triggered by the endangered life or property designation. This makes the offense a crime which carries potential jail time. He has the option of applying for a public defender on the date of his hearing or hiring a private attorney before then. There could be consequences for him beyond this ticket such as increased insurance rates and effects on his CDL. He should make sure that he has some type of representation.
Q. can you be arrest for not sign a ticket in Minnesota and why?
A: This question is awfully vague and consequently cannot be answered intelligently. Can you provide more information?
Q. Son driving my car in MN Pass lane, didn't know the transponder was off. Stopped and ticketed. Options to contest?
A: Go to court and see if you can keep it off of your son's record. If his driving record is reasonably clean, the prosecutor will likely agree to a disposition whereby nothing goes on his record. You may be able to do even better if you can establish that he had the transponder and simply did not have it on vs. driving in the HOV lane without a transponder.
Q. How do I initiate a court hearing to take care of a warrant without turning myself in?
A: Your only option is to get an attorney on board. But if you are innocent, the matter will likely require a trial. That means coming back to MN.
Q. Letter for license being suspended for no proof of insurance.
A: Sounds to me as if he must’ve plead guilty to the charge. He will have to seek a plea withdrawal to avoid the suspension period. He should contact an attorney for help.
Q. I would like to date a man (35),who is a vunerable adult . Can I get in any legal trouble for being with him?
A: You don’t provide enough information to provide a good answer to this question. Bipolar and anxiety would not typically make someone e a vulnerable adult on their own. There must be more going on here.
Q. Is there a way to remove or request to remove the "Violate Restriction of DL" from my records for MN drivers?
A: Paying the fine is the equivalent of a guilty plea to the charge. Getting it off of your driving record would require that you pursue an expungement.
Q. I violated my probation with a dirty UA my PO issued a warrant and the warrant says stay of execution of sentence. Am I
A: No that does not mean that you are going to prison. It is stock language that ends up on a probation violation. Typically, the formal violation report will provide a recommendation of how long that you serve for the violation.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Martin & Wagner, P.A.
21330 John Millless Drive
Suite 201
Rogers, MN 55374
Telephone: (763) 425-6330
Rogers, MN, USA
Telephone: (763) 425-6330
Cell: (612) 401-5488
Fax: (610) 401-5488