Free Consultation: (754) 900-2529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan A. Klurfeld

Jonathan A. Klurfeld

HK Legal Group, P.A.
  • Foreclosure Defense, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Practice Areas: Real estate law, foreclosure defense, landlord/tenant, evictions, debts, credit card debt, small claims.

Practice Areas
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Real Estate Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Consumer Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Free Consultation
    Telephone/email free consultation only.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All Major Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    On personal injury and select cases (no family or criminal law cases).
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner/Attorney
HK Legal Group, P.A.
- Current
We provide a full array of services to clients in the areas of ral estate law, foreclosure defense, bankruptcy, landlord tenant, eviction, small claims and more!
Attorney, Managing Partner
Klurfeld & Associates
We provide a full array of services to clients in the areas of ral estate law, foreclosure defense, bankruptcy, landlord tenant, eviction, small claims and more!
The Law Offices of Michael H. Merino, P.A.
The Firm handles a variety of legal matters including, real estate transactions and litigation, foreclosure defense litigation, bankruptcy, condominium and homeowners association law, consumer law and business transactions and litigation.
The Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart
Legal intern
The Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart
St. Thomas University
Honors: Dean's List Spring 2011
Activities: Phi Delta Phi Business Law Society Entertainment & Sports Law Society Volunteer Income Tax Association
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Florida Bar Real Property Division
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar Young Lawyer's Division
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Technology & Its Effects on the Judicial Process
Missouri Bar Association Precedent Magazine
Florida Bar
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
Legal Answers
499 Questions Answered

Q. Can a Tenant leaving for 10 years in a property in Foreclosure paying association and assessments buy the property?
A: Anyone can bid it is a public auction; or if seller agrees you can buy via a short sale now. You should hire a lawyer before you do anything to make sure there are no other liens on it and help you with the process.
Q. Can I be held responsible for mortgage obtained on real estate I legally do not own?
A: It's unclear what you are asking. When you buy a home you get a deed at closing and own the home; the person lending money merely has a mortgage (lien) on the property, even if it is seller financed. If somehow you did this not using an attorney and not a formal closing, it's possible you somehow never got a deed and the original owners owned it this whole time you were paying on the house. It is equally possible 100 other things happened such as the deed was never properly recorded, etc. So you will need to hire an attorney to figure this out.
Q. I can still file a claim even if no one was hurt, right?
A: File a claim for.....? You call your insurance and say you got in an accident and they fix your car. With no injuries that would be your only "claim"
Q. I was hit by an uninsured driver. My car is to totalled and I only have liability coverage from my insurance. What other
A: You could try to sue the other driver personally, but if they have no money or assets to take, you are likely out of luck. You cannot get blood from a stone. That is why carrying UM coverage and adequate coverage is so important. The other problem is you were technically driving uninsured unless his coverage covered also named household family members driving the car and covered. If not elected in his policy, then his insurance may also deny paying out for your accident for the car or injuries now.
Q. Where can I get the most recent FAR/BAR PDF.?
A: You would need to ask your realtor as documents are offered to realtors via their membership to the local MLS. You can try Google but that is likely an outdated version and there multiple versions such as the "regular" version and "as-is" version; as well as various addendums you may need.
Q. Florida Buyer has a pre-approval letter for $600,000. Mortgage of $540,000. Buyer is under contract for a house
A: You would need an attorney to review your contract, which you (or your seller if an agent) should have representing you in a sale anyway. If this is the FARBAR contract then possibly yes, if the appraisal of the property is not sufficient to support the loan amount then Buyer may be able to walk away and get the deposit back. It already sounds like there is an issue if buyer is borrowing $540k for a house worth $532k; after putting $20k cash down. Why would the bank lend more than the house is worth? 90% financing on a $532k house is not a $540k mortgage, that makes no sense; nor is it $20k down. 90% financing means 10% down or $53,200 on a $532,000 house.
Q. Business next to mine is using my parking area and making it where I can't get in or out. What do I do to stop it
A: But he also cannot control where the public parks. If the public chooses to park in your lot to get to his business, that is on them and not the business owner. That would be like parking at Publix is full so you park next door at the drug store; the drug store can't hold Publix legally responsible where you (the public) parked when there were no open spots though. You can post your tow sign up and then tow the cars at your expense as you state.
Q. We just purchased a house and the septic has failed, our realtor did not get a disclosure statement from the sellers.
A: This is why you hire an attorney when buying or selling real estate; unfortunately, FL is one of the states that does not require an attorney to close. If sellers moved out of the country you can sue them all you want but likely have a useless piece of paper that will cost more than $6,000 to sue and collect abroad. Regardless, disclosure cases are also very tough; seller only needs to disclose defects that they know or should have known about, and it is the buyer's burden to prove that with evidence somehow if buyer sues. Often times things just happen and no one knew about. For example, if the next owner/tenant in your old house discovered faulty wiring inside the drywall, does that automatically mean you knew about it? Of course not, most homeowners have no clue something is wrong until there are major symptoms to call someone. So something breaking doesn't mean seller knew or had a clue. You would need evidence somehow that seller called someone about it to come fix it. But again, it sounds like it will cost you over $6,000 to hire an attorney, court costs, and serving them overseas; so likely a waste of time and money.
Q. HOA rights when property is inherited. Do they have the right to forclose if their lien has been filed?
A: HOA liens are statutory rights in Florida; see 720.3085. Generally, an HOA will not take less than owed, only payment in full will prevent the foreclosure. And the lien will only grow as time goes on and attorney's fees build at hundreds of dollars per hour. $2500 is a relatively small amount, which could easily double quickly, and the owners should just settle it up.
Click here to see all answers
U.S. Bank v. Bartram
Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal
Click here to see all annotations
Contact & Map
1279 W Palmetto Park Rd #272896
1279 W Palmetto Park Rd #272896
Boca Raton, FL 33427
Telephone: (754) 900-2529