Free Consultation: (502) 220-4439Tap to Call This Lawyer
John Robinson

John Robinson

ROBINSON SALYERS, PLLC (Lawyers for Those Injured or in Financial Distress)
  • Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice...
  • Kentucky
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

This acclaimed central Kentucky law firm hosts attorneys with more than a combined thirty five years of legal experience. Attorneys John C. Robinson and Benjamin M. Salyers have assisted thousands of clients in Louisville, Frankfort, Shelbyville, and surrounding communities. If your finances are overwhelming you or you have been injured as a result of someone's negligence, this is the firm to call immediately so Mr. Robinson or Salyers can take immediate action to protect your legal interests and get your life back on track.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Divorce
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
University of Kentucky College of Law
J.D. (1997)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Kentucky State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. My husband and ex wife had a vehicle together. And they failed to make the payments. Can my husband file bankruptcy?
A: Yes, he can file for bankruptcy. However, if he agreed in his divorce to assume responsibility (sometimes referred as "indemnify and hold harmless) for the debt it becomes more complex. If so, his attorney needs to think through the fact that a Chapter 13 discharge eliminates marital obligations that may not be eliminated by a Chapter 7 discharge.
Q. I own two vehicles. One is paid for i have loan on the other which my mom cosigned for. Can i keep then both chap 7 n KY
A: In all likelihood, yes. The only problem would be if the two vehicles have a lot of value (equity in the vehicle with the loan). You will just need to continue making the loan payments to keep the second vehicle.
Q. Anything I can do about a holder on my license for over 10 year's in Kentucky
A: If the holder is part of a civil proceeding (like an insurance company secured a judgment against you for damage caused while driving without insurance), a bankruptcy filing will likely restore your driving privileges. You are welcome to email me if you have more specific questions.
Q. How long before you can get your license reinstated following filing bankruptcy on a criminal lawsuit because of car acc
A: Bankruptcy is not going to help with a suspension stemming from a criminal charge. However, it's possible your license is (or was) suspended in both a criminal and civil case arising from the same circumstance. For example, if you were involved in an accident and did not have insurance, your license may have been suspended for a certain period of time in a criminal proceeding. At the same time, you may have been sued in a civil action for property damage or bodily injuries. In the event your license is suspended in a civil action due to a failure to maintain insurance, a bankruptcy filing would immediately terminate a suspension attributable to a civil action. I have contact information for the individual at the KY Dept. of Transportation that is responsible for "lifting" suspensions at the time a BK is filed.
Q. I defaulted on a $13000 car loan. Is it better to file bankruptcy or hope the bank eventually gives up trying to collect
A: $13,000.00 is too much debt to have over your head going forward. I'm not sure where you are located, but the statute of limitations in Kentucky for written contracts is 10 years (was formerly 15). This means that the creditor would have ten years under current KY law to initiate a collection action against you to recover amounts owed on the account. Bear in mind that interest will continue to accrue on the account until its paid or you file for relief under Chapter 7 of the bankruptcy code. Chapter 7 is definitely an option you should STRONGLY consider!
Q. i have a large credit card debt my husband is not aware of we own a home with 80 acreas of land can i file bankruptcy
A: This question defies a short linear answer. It's important to first know how much equity you have in the real property. If the property serves as your primary residence and you and your husband are both on the deed, the first $50,000.00 (roughly) in equity in the property would not be impacted in a bankruptcy. However, if you are on the deed to the property and there is considerably more equity than $50,000.00, you will likely need to consider filing for Chapter 13 protection to allow yourself time to repay the credit card debt in full over 5 years. With this said, if you and your husband are joint debtors on any credit accounts, you are required to list him as a co-debtor on the indicated accounts. This will result in the court sending mail a number of times to his attention at the listed address.
Q. I got injured on the job 6 months ago didn't lose much time but I am traveling from appointment to appointment
A: Under the Kentucky Workers' Compensation Act, you are entitled to recover wages lost due to treatment for your work-related injuries. Depending on circumstances, you may also be entitled to reimbursement for mileage to and from treatment and/or evaluations. If you have further questions, feel free to call the office. Our firm's primary workers compensation attorney, Mr. Benjamin Salyers, is out of the office this week, but I previously did quite a bit of workers compensation work for insurers. Thankfully, I get to represent people/workers now!
Q. Could I assign a car lease over to my daughter if I've already filed?
A: The bankruptcy code does not have any provisions that would allow you to modify terms of any assignment provisions within the underlying lease agreement. Therefore, you will need to review the lease agreement to determine what assignment rights, if any, you may have under its terms.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
909 Main Street
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Telephone: (502) 220-4439
306 East Main Street
Suite 605
Frankfort, KY 40601
Telephone: (502) 220-4439