Free Consultation: (727) 235-6461Tap to Call This Lawyer
John Richert

John Richert

An attorney who is on your team.
  • Probate, Business Law, Estate Planning
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

John Richert is a Managing Attorney at Richert Quarles, P.A. He received his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport, Florida and a Master’s in Business Administration from Stetson University in Deland, Florida in May 2013. While at Stetson, John participated in Stetson’s pro bono program and was a member of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. Before attending Stetson, John attended the College of William and Mary located in Williamsburg, Virginia and received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration majoring in Finance. John was admitted to the Florida Bar in September 2013. John’s practice is focused on Florida probate, civil litigation, and business law. He also has experience in landlord/tenant law, bankruptcy litigation, Florida administrative practice, and corporate law. In his practice, John takes special account of taking most economical course of action for his clients. In some cases, it is more economical and achieves a faster result to work out a solution between parties without litigation. John believes that good communication between an attorney and his client is incredibly important. That’s why John strives to answer all calls and emails from clients on the same day and will never bill clients who call him with short questions. An attorney and a client are a team and John will always work to be a great teammate with his clients. John is licensed to practice law in Florida, the U.S. Middle District Court of Florida, and the U.S. Southern District Court of Florida. He is currently a member of the Clearwater Bar Association.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Business Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation is free for all matters
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Richert Quarles P.A.
Stetson University College of Law
J.D. (2013) | Law
Stetson University College of Law Logo
Stetson University
MBA (2013) | Business Administration
Stetson University Logo
College of William and Mary
B.B.A. (2010) | Finance, concentration in accounting
College of William and Mary Logo
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar # 0106613
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Clearwater Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
52 Questions Answered

Q. Both my parents died 8-9 yrs ago. They left no will & they also left a house. I've lived in the house since.
A: If you want to be the owner of the house, it sounds like you will need to do probate to transfer the house into your name and any heirs that may be entitled to it. You need to talk to a probate attorney to see how to move forward. Out firm offers free consultations.
Q. Does your company help with legal advice about probate matters
A: Yes, our law firm provides free consultations for probate cases.
Q. My mom died and left the house in my name. I sold it and now want to split the proceeds with my sisters.Do I probate?
A: You need to talk to a probate attorney. If you sold the house and your name was on the deed, then there is no need to do probate for the house. But if your mom's name was on the deed, you will most likely need to do probate (don't know how you would sell the house if this is the case).
Q. Can siblings sue the funeral home for accepting a fraudulent will that probate find not to be valid at all
A: You need to talk to an attorney. It will depend on a variety of factors, one of which is whether the funeral home knew that the will was false when it was accepted. Also, as Mr. Williamson stated, more information is required relating to damages and what was done incorrectly. You should talk to a probate attorney.
Q. My father left his farm in Florida to me but the deed was still in my mother (died 2003) and fathers name.
A: You definitely need to consult with a Florida probate attorney. Once an attorney can review the deeds and the wills, he or she should be able to tell you what needs to happen to transfer the property and the distribution. If the farm is located in Florida, it will likely need to be probated in order to be transferred. Our firm offers free consultations.
Q. My dad had his own bank account with myself listed as POD, but his Will states everything goes to his wife. What happens
A: The POD bank account should transfer outside of probate so it will go to whoever was listed as the POD beneficiary. In regard to the will, more information is needed regarding the divorce, contents of the will, etc. in order to see what should happen. You should talk to a probate attorney.
Q. How do I go about getting things rolling on my bosses probate? His wife hasn't turned anything in & is comimitting fraud
A: You should talk to a probate attorney. How would you be an interested person in your boss's estate?
Q. Hello, I am from Stuttgart, Germany. I have a question regarding probates.
A: From your question, the probate will likely qualify for a summary administration. Summary administration in Florida is less expensive than a formal administration. Contact an attorney in Florida for the assistance with the representation. A lot of firms provide for free consultations. Our firm also provides free consultations.
Q. My father passed away 9/18/17 I an his only child when will there be a will reading?
A: Do you know if your father had a will? If there is no will, then you may be able to file for probate as an intestate estate (that means there is no will). If your father had a will then it should be deposited with the clerk in the county where he resided at the time of his death within 10 days after his death. If the attorney had the will, then he or she should have deposited it with the clerk. Your best option is to talk with a probate attorney who you can give more information about the situation and the attorney will be able to give you a better answer.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
5801 Ulmerton Road, Suite 100
Clearwater, FL 33760
Telephone: (727) 235-6461