John graduated from Auburn University in 2011 where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics with a minor in Political Science. In the fall of 2012, John attended Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. While at Cumberland, John was a member of Cumberland’s National Trial Team and advocated in competitions in Florida, Georgia, Washington D.C., and California. In addition to gaining invaluable trial experience both nationally and locally, John also served as Articles Editor for the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, the oldest law review in the nation dedicated to the advancement of trial advocacy. During his time at Cumberland, John was selected to be a Judge Abraham Caruthers Teaching Fellow, an Honor Court Justice, and was a six time Dean’s List member. John was also a finalist in the Vulcan Materials Award for Outstanding Candidates Paper, won best appellate brief for his lawyering and legal reasoning class and received the scholar of merit award for his work in his Alabama Pre-trial, Practice and Procedure class. Additionally, John was the proud recipient of the Nat Bryan American Board of Trial Advocates Award, the EJ Saad Scholarship, the Calvin and Ina Driver Scholarship, and the Starnes & Atchison Scholarship.
In 2015, John graduated from Cumberland and began working for Hollis Wright. He was admitted to practice in the State of Alabama in 2015 and is currently a member of the Judge James Edwin Horton Inn of Court, the American Association for Justice, the Alabama Association for Justice, and the emerging leaders section of the Alabama Association for Justice.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Dog Bite
- Car and Truck Accident
- Free Consultation
- Hollis Wright
- - Current
- Law Clerk
- Hare, Wynn, Newell & Newton, LLP
- Law Clerk
- Butler Snow LLP
- Law Clerk
- Smith, Spires & Peddy, P.C.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- J.D. (2015)
- Auburn University
- B.A. (2011)
- Alabama Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
- James Edwin Horton Inn of Court
- John R. Spade, Jacob v. Duane Reade, Inc. – Certifying a Class as to Liability Only?, 38 Am. J. Trial Advoc. (2013) (Forthcoming Issue).
- John Spade, Feld v. Feld: The Federal Circuit Split Over Post-Trial Appeals from Pre-Trial Summary Judgment Denials Asserting Purely Legal Issues, 37 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 447 (2013).
- John R. Spade's Website Profile
- Hollis Wright Website
- Alabama Injury Law Blog
- Are Consulting Experts Always Privileged and Confidential? Arguments For and Against Production
12 August 2019
- Defective 3M Earplug Cases Centralized in Florida
22 April 2019
- Raise It or Waive It: Potential Problems for Practitioners with Minimal Pleading Requirements
7 January 2019
- Injured Minor Child? Who Brings a Claim for Medical Costs?
9 May 2018
- Wait, I Have to Pay My Health Insurance Carrier Back?
14 February 2018
- Uninsured Alabama Motorists to Face Penalties
29 November 2017
- What You Should Know About Dog Bite Liability
18 September 2017
- Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) Claims Granted Multidistrict Litigation (MDL)
10 August 2017
- Are “Possible Causes” of an injury admissible?
3 August 2017