John J. DeLaney, Jr. concentrates his practice on land use, litigation and business advisory groups. He also concentrates in the areas of employment law, real estate, commercial law, condominium law, and environmental law. In the land use and litigation areas, he has extensive experience at the Administrative Board and the Trial and Appellate Courts, and has participated in many larger cases.
He has served and continues to serve as corporate counsel for numerous condominium associations and mid-sized corporations. He has lectured before numerous civic organizations, professional organizations and public bodies on workplace issues and has also lectured about bio-medical ethics based on his experience as the guardian ad litem in the famous Claire C. Conroy case.
Jay has served as Mayor of Morristown, New Jersey (1998- 2005 ), which has allowed him to bring a unique perspective to cases. He has also served on the Morristown Town Council (1990-1993) and the Morristown Planning Board (1988-1990), and has held numerous other civic positions. He has served as President of the South Green Condominium Association (1985-1991). He has served as both a Board Member and President of Historic Speedwell Museum in Morristown (1994-1997). Additionally, he has been very active in civic affairs at both the local municipal level and the state level and has been the recipient of numerous awards. Jay served as President of the Morristown High School (“MHS”) Alumni Association (1993-1997) during which time an Alumni Directory was prepared and a Newsletter was started which is still published. Jay was inducted into the MHS Hall of Fame in 2006. He also served as a Board Member (1993-1997) of the Morris Educational Foundation, a non-profit corporation devoted to improving the public schools in the Morristown area.
- Real Estate Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- New Jersey
- 3rd Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C.
- Syracuse University
- J.D. (1979)
- Rutgers University
- B.A. (1976)
- AV Rating
- New Jersey State Bar
- Morris County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Appellate Division Clarifies Law on the Liability of Property Owners Whose Vegetation Encroaches on the Neighbor’s Property
- Should New Jersey's Holographic Will Law be Changed or Abolished?
- 138 N.J.L.J. 1710
- The Role of the Guardian Ad Litem
- No Extraordinary Means, Indiana University Press
- John J. DeLaney Jr.'s Website Profile
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C. Website
- Events Calendar
- Why Bring Lawyers In? – Attorney-Client Privilege Can Be Crucial for Businesses’ Protection
9 September 2019
- Lindabury Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers© List
15 August 2019
- Immediate Impact of the New Jersey Hemp Farming Act
13 August 2019
- NJ Hemp Farming Act
13 August 2019
- How One Hashtag Transformed the Law
8 August 2019
- Kathleen M. Connelly Quoted in ROI-NJ – “Drug Dilemma”
29 July 2019
- New Jersey Employees Now Accorded Expanded Family Leave Rights
23 July 2019
- How “Final” is a Final Restraining Order?
8 July 2019
- Andrew Gibbs Quoted in NJ-ROI – “Breaching Charge: Cybercrime Insurance is Rapidly Becoming Must-Have Asset for Companies — of Any Size
20 June 2019