Profile Image Placeholder

John Hyland Barrett III

  • Divorce, Family Law, Personal Injury ...
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

John has practiced law in Boulder Colorado since 1975. John has represented individuals and small businesses in a variety of matters, including divorce, family law, civil litigation and real estate. He has been the co-chair of the Boulder County Family Law Committee and served as associate judge of the Louisville Municipal Court.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Real Estate Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express,Discover
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of California - Davis
J.D. (1974) | Law
University of California - Davis Logo
Professional Associations
Colorado State Bar  # 6315
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Colorado Domestic Relations Law:Primer on Collection Law
Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc.
Speaking Engagements
Domestic Relations Collections: Using Judgment Remedies to collect Child Support, Maintenance and other Monetary Awards , Boulder, Colorado
Boulder County Bar Association
A step by step primer on collections in domestic cases. Topics include obtaining the judgment, garnishing wages and bank accounts, filing judgment liens on real estate, and basic asset discovery.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
510 Questions Answered

Q. What form do I need to fill out for spousal allowance?
A: You can ask for maintenance in the Petition or the Response. You should get a lawyer to help you with this.
Q. I'm so confused.... Is there a statute of limitations on back child support in Colorado? Ordered in 05, exp 12/2015
A: Basically, there is a year limitation. It seems that this case is still within the statute. You should get a lawyer to help you with this.
Q. My sister has custody of my child (8) and my child has expressed that she wants to live with me. How can I go about
A: This would need to be approved by the court which granted custody to your sister. How this may happen may depend on exactly why she was granted custody. You should get a lawyer to help you with this.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
suite 206
Telephone: (303) 928-2300