Free Consultation: (352) 324-2444Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Joanna Marie Mitchell

Joanna Mitchell & Associates, PA
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Experienced divorce attorney located in the Clermont, Florida area and practicing only Family Law, including, but not limited to, divorce, child support, parenting plans and timesharing arrangements (custody and visitation issues), alimony, paternity, parental relocations, step-parent adoptions, modifications and other Family Law matters.

Our firm is dedicated to aggressive, successful and honest representation of our clients. As your lawyers, we believe that communication is key to a positive outcome. Therefore, we strive to always be as accessible as possible to our clients through direct, personal contact, prompt returning of phone calls and via cutting edge technology, such as instant notification of e-mails. We promise to do our best to respond to any questions or inquiries within 24 to 48 business hours, and always make you, the client, our first priority.

Following the initial contact, we will schedule a one-on-one meeting for you to meet with an attorney so that your specific needs, goals and desired outcomes can be thoroughly discussed and understood. We will then research any necessary issues and develop a strategy to assist you in obtaining the most favorable outcome possible. During this process, we will keep you informed of the progress of your case and use every available means to ensure that your needs are met and your goals achieved. We will be with you to guide and advise you every step of the way, always with candor and honesty, and will fully utilize our years of training and experience to fight for a successful resolution of your legal matter.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute telephone consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Retainer varies from case to case depending on the issues, but is typically in the $1,600.00 - $3,000.00; hourly rate is $200.00 per hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Attorney / Sole Practitioner
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, PA
- Current
Established in 2003, we are a Full Service Family Law Firm, offering our professional guidance in nearly all areas of Family Law, including, but not limited to, Divorces (both uncontested and contested), Timesharing / Parenting Plan disputes (previously known as custody and visitation), Child Support, Paternity actions, Contempt and Enforcement actions, Domestic Violence Injunctions, Step-Parent Adoptions and Marriage Contracts (prenuptial and postnuptial agreements).
Florida State University College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Graduated Suma Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
University of South Florida
B.A. | Psychology
Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude
University of South Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 346410
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered

Q. My ex husband is behind in child support and is taking me to court for modification. Who pays for my lawyer?
A: It depends on whether it is a frivolous action or not. If he has grounds to modify, then usually each pays their own (unless he earns substantially more than you). Your attorney can best determine if you would have any likelihood of recovering attorney fees from your ex.
Q. My husband's exgirlfriend is asking for more $. He pays Support to her & his ex-Wife. Does our 3 yr old count in this?
A: No, usually children that are born later are not considered, as the Court's feel that he already had the prior obligation when he chose to have another child, which doesn't lessen his obligations to the prior children in any way.
Q. My ex boyfriend got an attorney when I got a restraining order on him, we have a 5 yr old together. Should I get one too?
A: Generally, if he has an attorney, you should have one as well. Otherwise, your case may not be properly heard in court. The rights of you and your child need to be properly protected and an attorney can help. If your case is in the Central Florida area, my office offers free initial telephone consultations. Feel free to give us a call!
Q. Want uncontested no children divorce. Where can I get help filling out the forms?
A: Many courthouses have self-help centers where you may be able to find assistance. However, if you are not sure how to proceed or what to fill out or how to get her served, you probably need to consult with an attorney to assist you. If your case is in the Central Florida area, my office offers free, initial telephone consultations. Please feel free to call!
Q. What are my legal rights as a wife of 38 years when my husband has fathered a child with another woman?
A: If you mean what are your legal rights in a divorce action, that is a very complex question and much more information would need to be known. If you mean what are your legal rights regarding the child, you probably don't have any. Your Husband may have to pay child support though and he would have rights to the child. Detailed answers to many frequently asked questions regarding divorce, custody, visitation, child support, alimony, paternity and other Family Law matters are located on my website at Be sure to stop by and check it out! And of course, if you have a question that is not addressed, please feel free to email me directly. Additionally, if your existing or potential case is in or near the Central Florida area (Orange, Osceola, Lake, Sumter, Marion, and nearby counties), I would be more than happy to speak with you personally regarding your potential Family Law matter. My office offers free initial telephone consultations, during which we can discuss your matter in more detail, as well as explore the potential rights and options available to you. If you would like to coordinate a free initial telephone consultation, please contact my office at 407-971-6140 or 352-324-2444 to schedule same. Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements.
Q. My ex says I can't see my daughter at all unless it's at her father's home. We have no court orders. What do I do?
A: You need to establish your rights legally as the biological father of the child. This is typically done by filing a court action during which your paternity is legally established. Once that is established, then parental responsibility and visitation will also be determined (and child support, of course). You should consult with an attorney who can help you establish and protect your legal rights.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
614 East Hwy 50
Suite 327
Clermont, FL 34711
Telephone: (352) 324-2444
Telephone: (407) 971-6140
Fax: (352) 324-2229