Free Consultation: (732) 545-4717Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jessica Natasha Mazur

Jessica Natasha Mazur

Call me 732-545-4717 x 3859 for help with your divorce or custody matter.
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am the Partner-in-charge of the Hoagland, Longo, Moran, Dunst & Doukas’ Family Law Department and am Certified by the Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney. I am an AV-rated® attorney by LexisNexis® Martindale Hubbell™. I am an accredited mediator through the NJ Association of Professional Mediators. Providing comfort and closure to people enduring the most stressful experiences of their lives, I have risen quickly in this area of law. My experience has enabled me to represent clients involved in complex custody battles, divorces, child support matters, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence disputes, visitation/parenting time issues, equitable distribution, civil unions, and restraining orders. My career, spanning over a decade, began in the trenches of the legal community as a legal secretary, as I worked my way through law school. Rising steadily, I ultimately became partner and owner of the very firm where I was once a legal secretary. I have successfully taken cases through trial, arbitration, the Appellate Division (see Hatcher v. Hadiddou) as well as mediation, the collaborative law process, and the Early Settlement Panel, balancing all available litigation options to serve my clients’ needs. I was appointed by the Presiding Judge of the Family Division in Middlesex County to aid litigants in resolving their cases as an Early Settlement Panelist. I have also been admitted to the roster of Mediators for Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases. In this age of growing technology, I have been called upon to lecture other attorneys on the intricacies of the Federal Wiretap Act, addressing email spoofs and social media hacking and the impact upon Divorce, Custody, and Domestic Violence litigation. I have also lectured on the division of pensions, custody evaluations and the New Jersey child support guidelines.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
Additional Practice Areas
  • Child support
  • Alimony
  • Child custody and parenting time/visitation
  • Restraining Orders
  • Equitable distribution - division of assets and debts
  • QDRO - quadro, retirement asset division
  • Grandparent Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Senior Associate
Hoagland, Longo, Moran, Dunst & Doukas
- Current
Ansell, Grimm & Aaron
Law Offices of Weinstein & Weinstein
Law Clerk to the Honorable Paul A. Kapalko, Presiding Judge Family Court
Monmouth County Courthouse
Rutgers University - New Brunswick/Piscataway
Seton Hall University School of Law
Recognized as a Women in Leadership
Time Magazine's 85th Annual Salute to Women In Leadership
Professional Associations
New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
Accredited Mediator
- Current
CASA of Monmouth
Member - Board of Trustees
- Current
Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce
Member - Board of Directors
- Current
New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Current
New Jersey State Bar Association
- Current
Monmouth County Bar Assoiciation
- Current
Articles & Publications
How Are You Impacted by the Amended Alimony Statute in Terms of Cohabitation?
Hoagland, Longo, Moran, Dunst & Doukas, LLP Blog
Speaking Engagements
What to do when you're faced with at risk behavior during litigation, Monmouth County Courthouse - Freehold, NJ
Monmouth County Bar Association
Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney
New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification
R. 1:40 Mediator - Admitted to the New Jersey Superior Court Roster of Mediators
New Jersey Courts
Accredited Mediator
New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. I was married for 8 years, have two kids and my ex decided to leave me. She wants 2600(both Al & CS).Is That too much?
A: Thank you for your question. Calculating support can be complicated and knowing the nuances of the child support guidelines and the alimony statute can result in significant differences in support. Without more details, I'll have to keep my response general in nature. Also, you should not give many details about such a private topic on this public forum, so please reach out to schedule a consultation if you want more information. There are a number of factors that are taken into consideration in calculating child support including but not limited to: overnight visits, health insurance, union dues, mandatory retirement contributions, payment/receipt of alimony, etc. Without knowing this information or information regarding the appropriate imputation of income and the reason she is expected to earn more in two years, I cannot weight in on the appropriateness of the support amount. I wish I could have been of more assistance.
Q. How and when do i get notified of defendant getting served FRO?
A: Thank you for your question. The restraining order process is difficult and can vary depending on who is in charge of serving the defendant. Without more details, I'll have to keep my response general in nature. Also, you should not give many details about such a sensitive topic on this public forum, so please reach out to schedule a consultation if you want more information. The defendant might be served by the local police in his/her town or the county sheriff. My experience has been that most of the time, the victim must contact the local police to be advised whether or not the defendant was served. In some circumstances, like where the victim is known by the police due to multiple reports of domestic violence, the police might reach out to the victim to notify them out of courtesy. I hope this was helpful and wish you the best.
Q. Can a N.J. family judge award legal fees if they are not requested by either party?
A: It is rare but it can happen and usually only happens if one party is significantly non-compliant with prior court orders and/or if the party getting the fees is without any funds to pay an attorney.
Q. I never married my daughters father we have no court orders on custody and I don't have him on child daughter
A: If you leave the state he could get a court order forcing you to return to NJ. In cases like this, I'm successful in negotiating a resolution but ultimately the Court will likely be involved. I urge you to try to meet with an attorney before you move.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
1704 Maxwell Drive
Suite 301
Wall, NJ 07719
Telephone: (732) 545-4717
Secondary Office
40 Paterson Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Telephone: (732) 545-4717
Fax: (732) 545-4579