(515) 259-7776Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jesse Michael MarzenWe Do The Heavy Lifting So Our Clients Don't Have To
- Family Law, Divorce, Collections ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
We do the heavy lifting so our clients don't have to in Family Law, Commercial Collections, and Tax Law cases.
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States Tax Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Owner & Chief Executive Attorney
- Marzen Law Office P.L.L.C.
- - Current
- County Government
- Marzen Law Office P.L.L.C.
- Associate Attorney
- Eggert, Erb, Frye & Mulcahy
- University of St. Thomas, Minnesota School of Law
- J.D. (2004) | Law
- Iowa State Bar Association  # 19605
- National Association of Tax Professionals
- ACA International
- FMLA Issues & Watchpoints, Spring 2016, Waverly, IA
- Iowa Workforce Council
Websites & Blogs
- Marzen Law Office, P.L.L.C. Website
3 Questions Answered
- Q. Iowa. Ex left state with children. No court custody arrangement. I'm on the birth Certificates. What to file?..No money
- A: There are resources available to help you. For starters, the Iowa Judicial Branch has forms available for folks to represent themselves. Link: http://www.iowacourts.gov/For_the_Public/Representing_Yourself_in_Court/DivorceFamily_Law/Forms/index.asp Also, the Iowa State Bar Association has a number of programs and associations available. Link: http://www.iowabar.org/?LegalAssistance Also, Iowa Legal Aid has the Volunteer Lawyers Program that connects pro bono lawyers with folks needing assistance. Link: http://www.iowalegalaid.org/volunteer-lawyers-projects
- Q. the respondent did not answer divorce. what do I file next.
- A: The procedure for a 'Default' (wherein the other person doesn't file an answer within 20 days after being served the Petition and Original Notice), is found in the Civil Procedure Rules. Here is a link to those Rules: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/ACO/CR/LINC/04-28-2017.chapter.1.pdf Take a look specifically at Rules 1.971 - 1.977.
- Q. If items are in my fathers name and my name, can his wife take those items in a divorce?
- A: Your step-mother may, or may not, be able to take the items that are listed in yours and his names. It depends on when the item was purchased, and how title to that items got into your and his names. If the item was purchased before he and your stepmother were married, then it is 'pre-marital' property, and he will get to retain that item. There are many things involved in preparing to dissolve a marriage. Your father should seek the advice of an attorney about specific items in question. That attorney will be able to not only answer your father's questions, but also help him plan for the separation and dissolution of marriage action.
Contact & Map