Jeremy Akin is an Associate at Johnson Marlowe, LLP. His practice focuses on construction, real property, and environmental matters related to development projects.
Jeremy graduated cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law, where he founded the school’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Society. During law school, he served as Conference Editor for the Georgia Journal of International & Comparative Law, a Student Ambassador of the Rusk International Law Center, and completed externships with the Athens-Clarke County Superior Court and Public Defender’s Office, as well as the Georgia River Basin Center. Jeremy is recipient of the Atlanta Bar Association’s 2018 Edward J. Henning Memorial ADR Award and the 2018 Ellen R. Jordan Award for Outstanding Public Interest Student at Georgia Law.
Prior to joining Johnson Marlowe, Jeremy interned with the Environment, Health & Safety and Food Law sections of the Coca-Cola Company’s legal department. He is a registered mediator and arbitrator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution and has significant experience mediating a variety of civil cases, particularly land-related claims, in Georgia and East Africa.
Jeremy graduated summa cum laude from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs, minoring in African Studies and Vocal Music. After graduation, he spent nearly four years in Uganda where, as a Fulbright Research Fellow, he researched best practices for mediating customary land disputes. He has since worked with the Carter Center’s Conflict Resolution Program, Namati’s Community Land Protection Program, and Landesa’s Corporate Engagement Division.
- Business Law
- Environmental Law
- Land Use
- State Bar of Georgia
- The University of Georgia School of Law
- J.D. (2018)
- Honors: Edward J. Henning Memorial ADR Award (2018) Ellen R. Jordan Award for Outstanding Public Interest Student (2018) Rusk Merit Scholar
- University System of Georgia - University of Georgia
- B.A. | International Affairs
- Honors: U.S. Fulbright Research Fellow (Uganda) Phi Beta Kappa Courts Scholar (South Africa) Roosevelt Public Policy Scholar W.M. Crane Leadership Scholar H.K. Stanford Merit Scholar
- State Bar of Georgia
- - Current