Born July 24, 1984 to the late Mr. Jesse Adams and Mrs. Viola Adams in Grenada, Ms. At the tender age of six, she knew that she wanted to be an attorney to make a difference in her community. She graduated with honors from the Grenada High School in 2002 and was inducted into the National Honor Society.
Being a talented musician and avid learner, she continued her studies at the University of Memphis. At the University of Memphis, her honors entailed Deanâs List, National Deanâs List, Whoâs Who Among American College Students and has been nominated as a Candidate for the Truman Scholar distinction. Her activities and awards encompassed Gospel Choir, University of Memphis Concert/Pep Band Member, Black Scholars Unlimited, Honors Program, Tutor at The Neighborhood School, Campaign Worker for Former Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen, Tennessee Legislative Internship Program, and Note taker for Student Disability Services.
Ms. Adams also attended Rust College in Holly Springs, MS. While at Rust College, her honors comprised of Presidential Scholar Distinction, Academic Dean Scholarship, NAACP Most Outstanding Research and Project Award Winner. Some of her wide range of activities consisted of: Founder of Harambee Book Club, Baptist Student Union Gospel Choir, NAACP, Debate Team, Quiz Bowl, Knowledge Bowl, Honors Program, Radio Disc Jockey for WURC 88.1 College Station, Journalist for the Rustorian Student Newspaper. Royal Ambassador/Junior Recruiter, Peer Advisor, Tutor at the Families First Resource Center, and volunteer at homeless shelters, nursing homes, and other social service agencies.
She attended University Of Mississippi School Of Law and received her Juris Doctor in 2012. Some of her leadership positions include: Limited Practice Attorney for District Attorney Office for the Fifth District, Limited Practice Attorney for North Mississippi Rural Legal Services Street Law Clinic, BarBri Representative, BarBri Senior Partner Coordinator, and an active benefactor to the University of Mississippi/Harvard Musiciansâ Project. She has been a member of the following organizations: Law School Student Body Association, Public Interest Legal Foundation, ABA Student Division, Magnolia Bar Student Division, Environmental Law Society, Law Association for Women, Mississippi Sports Law Society, and Black Law Student Association. After law school, Ms. Adams clerked for the Washington County Youth and County Courts.
Attorney Adams is licensed in the State of Mississippi to practice law. She is a member of the American Bar Association, Mississippi Bar Association, Magnolia Bar Association, and the Grenada County Bar Association.
- Social Security Disability
- Estate Planning
- Criminal Law
- Free Consultation
- Judicial Law Clerk
- Administrative Office of the Courts
- Washington County Youth and County Court--Review complaints, petitions, motions, and other pleadings that come before the court to determine the issues involved. Evaluate pertinent facts and evidence to interpret and apply statutes and regulations in the analysis of pleadings. Assess the docket to prepare for pending litigation. Perform legal research. Draft orders for the Court. Prepare memoranda summarizing the facts and recommendations for each case reviewed. Review default judgments, final judgments, pretrial motions and summary judgments. Draft orders and writs. Correspond with counsel, court officials, and litigants regarding procedural requirements. Keep abreast of changes in the law.
- Prosecutorial Extern
- Office of the Fifth District Attorney Office
- Observed proceedings, including arraignments, grand jury, preliminary hearings, and jury trials. Presented plea bargains to the court. Reviewed the legal sufficiency of criminal cases, including robbery, murder, narcotics, and hate crimes. Recorded answers to voir dire examination as part of jury selection.
- Limited Practice Student Attorney
- North Mississippi Rural Legal Services
- Worked under the direct supervision of the managing attorney on civil cases including divorce, child custody, child support, wills and estates, bankruptcy, and social security. Drafted pleadings and client correspondence. Conducted intake interviews both on-site and on telephone to determine asset and income eligibility levels.
- Summer Law Clerk
- Moore Law Office PLLC
- Prepared various legal documents, including complaints, settlement memorandum, medical abstracts, and motions. Researched legal issues pertaining to personal injuries, workers’ compensation, car accidents, slip and fall cases, and police brutality cases. Interviewed clients and obtained case facts.
- Summer Law Clerk
- Johnson & Johnson Law Office
- Assisted public defender with investigating criminal cases involving domestic violence, murder, and drug crimes. Conducted intake interviews at a local correctional facility and at court. Prepared legal memoranda, pleadings, and motions. Filed documents with the appropriate courts. Completed plea agreement documents. Attended court session at all local court levels. Assembled trial notebooks and organized evidence and exhibits for trials. Composed voir dire examinations and jury instructions. Researched issues pertaining to bankruptcy, wills, estates, property disputes, and social security. Attended and summarized depositions.
- Eligibility Counselor II
- Tennessee Department of Human Services
- Interviewed clients to determine eligibility for various social programs, such as Families First, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Childcare programs, and local food banks and clothing drives. Determined benefit eligibility based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Corroborated with Social Security Administration, Worker's Compensation Commission, Employment Security Commission, and local banks to verify information provided by the clients.
- University of Mississippi
- J.D. | Law
- Activities: Law School Student Body Association, Black Law Student Association, Public Interest Legal Foundation, University of Mississippi/Harvard Musicians’ Project, Low Income Tax Assistance Clinic, MVLP Student Volunteer, Pro Bono Initiative Clinic, BarBri Senior Partner Program Supervisor
- University of Memphis
- B.A. | History
- Honors: Honors: Dean’s List, National Dean’s List, magna cum laude distinction
- Top Minority 2017
- Delta Business Journal