Mr. Burrows has probated more estates than any other attorney now practicing in Oceana County. He has also save his client hundreds of thousands of dollars in qualifying clients for Medicaid when faced with nursing home bills. Mr. Burrows is a graduate of Michigan State and Michigans's most prestigious law school, the University of Michigan. He has practiced for over 39 years and he still loves his work. He can also help your with estate planning, tax planning, income tax preparation and appeals of property tax assessments. Mr. Burrows cares deeply about his clients and their problems.
- Real Estate Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Landlord Tenant
- Tax Law
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Usual fee is $250 per hour.
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- J.D. (1976) | law and political philosophy
- Activities: Past president MSU pre-law club
- State Bar of Michigan  # P26709
- Q. I have a question pertaining to a trust and possible tax burden against that trust.
- A: I think the annuity will have to be paid to the trust. However, if the trust distributes monies to the 4 of you during the same income tax year, the taxes on the annuities will pass through to the 4 of you. The trust must file a tax return to do this but the trust likely would have no tax liability itself.
- Q. My father passed leaving his niece as executor. Do I have any rights to property before they sell it? i.e his truck
- A: The personal representative is responsible to generate as much as possible from the sale of the truck. Tell the personal representative you are interested and you want to buy the truck. Being a beneficiary gets you not discount or leverage, but the personal representative might agree to have you take the truck as part of your inheritance if the 2 of you can agree on a price.