My name is Jarrett Johnson. I have spent my entire career as a trial attorney here in Kansas City, Missouri. For nearly 25 years, I have had the privilege of representing everyday people in cases as varied as automobile accidents, injuries on private and public premises, defective products, serious personal injuries and wrongful death, and criminal trials and appeals involving murder and other serious felonies and misdemeanors.
I have been very fortunate to work in both the public and private sectors: for the State of Missouri, a large law firm with offices across the country, and smaller law firms. This vast experience has given me a unique perspective and diverse legal background.
In 2000, when I was 30 years old, the Missouri Bar Foundation presented me with the Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award in recognition of outstanding trial skills. Since the award was created in the 1950s, less than 200 lawyers in the history of the State of Missouri have received this honor. I am an experienced trial lawyer who has first-chaired nearly 40 jury trials to a verdict, and have helped other lawyers in many others.
I realize that people seldom come to a lawyer with good news. I welcome the opportunity to listen to you, and use my abilities as a lawyer to help you through whatever you are facing.
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Car Accidents
- United States District Court (Arkansas, Western and Eastern Districts)
- United States District Court (Colorado)
- United States District Court (Kansas)
- United States District Court (Missouri, Western District)
- United States District Court (Nebraska)
- Trial Attorney--Civil and Criminal Cases
- An experienced trial attorney for civil and criminal cases
- - Current
- Past experience: Hubbell Peak O'Neal Napier & Leach The McCallister Law Firm Polsinelli Shughart (formerly Shughart Thomson & Kilroy) Missouri State Public Defender (Trial Division, Trial Team Leader)
- University of Missouri - Kansas City
- J.D. | Law (Juris Doctor)
- Texas A&M University - College Station
- B.A. | Psychology
- Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award
- Missouri Bar Foundation
- Fifty years ago, Mary B. Hocker established the Lon O. Hocker awards to memorialize her husband’s faith in our system of law. Lon O. Hocker loved the law and believed the law was the foundation of our freedom. Further, he believed that the courts, and only the courts, could preserve that law, and he believed the trial lawyer was the key to our system of justice. In Mary’s words, Lon O. Hocker recognized the importance of trial lawyers “in seeing that all who came before the courts of justice were given a fair trial regardless of race, color, condition of purse, or religion.” The award is presented annually to three lawyers 36 years of age or younger – one each from the St. Louis, Kansas City and outstate Missouri areas – in recognition of outstanding trial work. Past recipients are among the finest lawyers in the profession.
- Missouri State Bar
- - Current