Free Consultation: (816) 525-7977Tap to Call This Lawyer
Janet Sanders

Janet Sanders

Personal and Competent Service at a Reasonable Rate
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Missouri
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law
Practice Areas
Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
Juvenile Law
Arbitration & Mediation
Family - Arbitration/Mediation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free Divorce and Traffic Consultations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law
J.D. (1981)
University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law Logo
Central Missouri State University
B.S. (1980) | Criminal Justice Administration
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Cass County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. If you missed a court date can you still contest your speeding ticket?
A: Yes. You must surrender, post bond and then you will receive a court date. You should contact the Court to determine the amount of the bond so you will have sufficient funds available before you appear at court or the police department.
Q. Is there a specific form for this and anything else I should include?
A: A Show Cause Order is granted upon a Motion for Contempt which must be personally served on the other party. You should file a Motion for a Temporary Order pursuant to 452.315 RSMo. 2016 and request child support, maintenance as well as attorney's fees and costs to be incurred. You should also consider paying a retainer with funds acquired by accessing marital and/or separate property.
Q. Can my daughter’s dad terminate child support for only one semester of bad grades in college?
A: Absent special circumstances, the answers to your questions are Yes and No. Please see 452.340 RSMo 2016.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Janet Sanders
704 SE 3rd St
Lees Summit, MO 64063
Telephone: (816) 525-7977
Monday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 4 PM (Today)
Friday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Evening Appointments Available Upon Request