Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawg Search
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, Northern District
- Law Office of James J. Falcone
- - Current
- Balfrey & Abbott
- U.S. Forest Service, Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- J.D. (1987) | Law
- University of Maine
- B.S. (1978) | Forest Management
- State Bar of California  # 131235
- Activities: Real Property Law Section
Articles & Publications
- Foreclosure of California Commercial & Investment Properties-Five Steps To Determine if Your Loan is Non-Recourse
- JD Supra
- Sue 1st, Negotiate Later; When a California Landlord Risks Being Sued After Settling a Dispute With Their Tenant
- What are the Tax Consequences of Residentail Foreclosures & Short Sales?
- California Residential Foreclosures- How to determine whether your loan is non-recourse, or if you will remain personally liable for the debt.
- The Commercial Landlord / Lessor’s Simple Guide to The Bankrupt Tenant
- Legal Aspects of Starting a Business , S.C.O.R.E. - Starting a Business
Websites & Blogs
- James J. Falcone's Website Profile
- Law Office of James J. Falcone Website
- California Real Estate Lawyers Blog
- Quiet Title & the Staute of Limitations – When is a Plaintiff in Undisturbed Possession of the Land?
2 June 2020
- California Foreclosure, Junior Liens, and Unencumbered Percentages – How the sale Proceeds are Split between the Parties
26 May 2020
- Partition of Property and Attorney Fees – Parties to this Settlement Agreement Not Entitled to Them Because only the Statutory Right was Replicated in the Agreement
15 May 2020
11 Questions Answered
- Q. Should disclosure documents be excluded from the sale agreement to get a loan?
- A: If the transaction qualifies under California law to require a TDS, the requirement cannot be waived. A loan application generally does not require these documents. This does not sound like a legitimate request. You should consult with a California real estate attorney.
- Q. Can you change title names on home while on SSI?
- A: There is no restriction on changing title, but it may affect your SSI eligibility. You may need to consult with an attorney.
- Q. Can I hire someone to be my tenants new point person? I'm the landlord, but find them infuriating to deal with.
- A: You could hire someone as a property manager; this is a common practice with rental properties. Once the tenants are properly notified, the manager may step in and handle the situation.
Contact & Map