JALILA A. BELL is an experienced business litigator with both civil and criminal experience. Her general practice includes civil litigation, real estate, entertainment and the arts.
Ms. Bell regularly represents and counsels clients with regard to real and intellectual property rights, music licensing, the fine and visual arts, the performing arts, literature, civil rights and related areas. As a business litigator at the state and federal court levels, Ms. Bell's clients include arts-focused businesses, dancers, choreographers, composers, writers, publishers, actors, singers, visual artists, designers, directors, managers, promoters and non-profit organizations. Ms. Bell also assists and counsels clients with regard to: business development, management, contract drafting and negotiation, aesthetics, marketing, performance and artistry.
An alumna of the dance departments at San Francisco’s School of the Arts and Oakland’s Mills College, Ms. Bell has appeared in projects as a dancer, actress, model and spoken word artist, including the Apollo Theater Soundstage, for BET’s Rip the Runway, at the Lorraine Hansberry Theater San Francisco, for NYC’s Vissi Dance Theater and Liberation Dance Theater.
A graduate of Golden Gate University Law School, Ms. Bell is licensed in New York State and the United States Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
- Free Consultation
- New York
- US Courts for Eastern District of New York
- US Courts for Northern District of New York
- Us Courts for Southern District of New York
- Of Counsel
- Malecki Law
- - Current
- Law Office of Jalila A. Bell, Esq.
- - Current
- Of Counsel
- McFadin Law Group
- Director of Business Affairs
- Studio Brooklyn
- Principal Dancer / Marketing Committee
- Vissi Dance Theater
- Junior Vice President for Business Development/ Of Counsel
- ANM Funding
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Activities: National Lawyers Guild
- Mills College
- B.A. | Dance and Government
- New York State Bar # 4363057
- The International Dance Council CID
- Root Magazine
- Jalila A. Bell's Website Profile
- Malecki Law Securities Website
- New York Securities Lawyers Blog
- Malecki Law Wins Appeal to Allow an International Investor at a Domestic and Foreign Brokerage Firm to Arbitrate at FINRA
18 February 2020
- Why should I give the SEC everything they have requested?
10 February 2020
- The Wolves are Still on Wall Street: What is Going on at Paulson Investment Company LLC?
7 February 2020
- “Sophisticated” Investor Represented by Malecki Law Awarded over $200,000 in a 2X Non-Traditional ETF Product Case against Network 1 Financial Securities and its 2X Twin Brothers
29 October 2019
- Ponzi Schemes On the Rise?
2 October 2019
- Recovering Customer Financial Losses from UBS’s Yield Enhancement Strategy (“YES”)
29 August 2019
- The Dow Dropped Mid Trade War Escalations: Do I have a right to sue my broker when my securities portfolio drops with the market?
7 August 2019
- Nomura Securities Agrees to $25-million Settlement for Allegedly Misleading Investors about Mortgage-Backed Securities
18 July 2019
- House of Representatives Votes to Block Controversial Regulation Best Interest
27 June 2019