Boston, MA employment lawyer, Jack K. Merrill specializes his practice in Massachusetts employment law and handles a broad array of business and civil litigation matters. He works in Massachusetts trial and appeal courts, federal courts, and administrative agencies. Mr. Merrill counsels small companies and individuals on employment and other business matters; handles discrimination, sexual harassment, and wrongful discharge cases; negotiates and drafts contracts; drafts employment manuals and non-competition agreements; and provides training classes on discrimination, sexual harassment, and related employment matters. Mr. Merrill has an extensive background in practical and intellectual areas of employment law. His legal practice includes private consultations and arguments before administrative agencies and state/federal courts.
Mr. Merrill's civil litigation practice involves employment and other subject areas, including contracts, partnerships, construction, the environment, and others. He counsels small business in a variety of areas, drafts contracts and leases, and handles eviction cases, guardianship cases, and related issues.
Mr. Merrill is author of a quarterly employment law newsletter, writes regularly for a local newspaper, and provides employment law presentations to community organizations. He is president of South Middlesex Legal Services, a long-time member of the Framingham Rotary Club, and a member of the South Middlesex Bar Association. He is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts state and federal courts.
Attorney Jack Merrill is a Boston, MA employment lawyer providing legal services to employees, employers and businesses throughout the Boston metro west and Worcester County region including Ashland, Dedham, Framingham, Franklin, Hopkinton, Maynard, Marlborough, Milford, Natick, Needham, Newton, Shrewsbury, Sudbury, Waltham, and Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Employment Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Schedule a consultation.
- Kushner Sanders Ravinal LLP
- - Current
- The firm provides legal advice to small business in the corporate, employment, real estate, leasing, and related arenas
- Mayer, Antonellis, Jachowicz & Haranas
- The Massachusetts law firm of Mayer, Antonellis, Jachowicz & Haranas, located along route 9 in Framingham, MA and on Main Street in Milford, MA represents businesses, individuals and families throughout the Boston metro west and Worcester County regions in the areas of business law, divorce, employment law and real estate law. Website: http://www.HKWG.com
- Workers Compensation Investigator
- U.S. Department of Labor
- nvestigator of federal workers compensation claims. Handled applications for benefits for postal, veterans administration, and other federal employees, including collecting facts and deciding entitlement to benefits.
- Northeastern University School of Law
- Metrowest Legal Services
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- Working the Law: News and Views on Employment Issues
- Governor Seeks to Reverse Recent SJC Ruling on Overtime Pay
17 October 2019
- Tax Deductions under Massachusetts Family and Medical Leave Law become Mandatory on October 1, 2019
26 September 2019
- Contributions under Family and Medical Leave Law Begin October 1, 2019
14 September 2019
- Massachusetts Delays Start of Family and Medical Leave Law
19 June 2019
- Deduction Requirements under the new Massachusetts Family and Medical Leave Law are Set to Begin July 1
6 June 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court will Decide whether Federal Anti-Discrimination Law Protects Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Employees
25 April 2019
- Legislature Considers Extending Discrimination Filing Period to 6 Years, other MCAD Changes
10 April 2019
- Recent SJC Decision Demonstrates Big Downside for Employers who Misapply Massachusetts Wage Laws, even in Good Faith
19 March 2019
- Court Ruling Illustrates the Dangers Presented by a Poorly Drafted Employment Manual
28 February 2019
Getting Laid Off, Massachusetts employment law.Massachusetts Employment Lawyer - "How To Let Your Workers Go"
How to let your workers go. Massachusetts employment law. http://www.FraminghamLegal.comMassachusetts Wrongful Termination
Wrongful termination, Massachusetts employment law