Mr. Rabner has more than 30 years of experience representing entrepreneurs and executives, guiding them through not only the purchase, sale or structuring of their businesses, but also through the difficult nuances involved in resolving business and personal conflicts with business partners, former employers and competitors through litigation and negotiation. His practice includes the resolution of complex business partners' disputes, restrictive covenant issues and related confidential and proprietary information issues.
Mr. Rabner brings an unusually broad set of legal skills and experience to his practice. His creative, close and personal approach has often resulted in long-term relationships with his clients, serving as their passionate advocate through in-depth and long-term understanding of their personal and business goals. He brings to the practice years of experience in extensive corporate litigation work at major law firm.
Mr. Rabner is an essential part of the firm's employment law group who has, form many years, fashioned solutions to complex issues involved in the firm's employment practice, particularly those involving senior executive compensation, equity issues and negotiation and enforcement of post-employment restrictions.
After graduating from Dartmouth College (Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude) and Yale Law School, Mr. Rabner clerked for the Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, was an Assistant U.S. Attorney and then worked for two large prestigious firms in New York and New Jersey. Mr. Rabner founded the firm with S. Robert Allcorn in 1977 with a strong entrepreneurial and executive client base, which has been integrated with the employment and other practice areas of the firm to provide a unique approach and breadth of services to the varied clients that the firm serves.
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- New Jersey
- Rabner Baumgart Ben-Asher & Nirenberg, P.C.
- Yale Law School
- Dartmouth College
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Martindale Hubbell
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar # 242021967
- - Current
- Harold Rabner's Website Profile
- Rabner Baumgart Ben-Asher & Nirenberg, P.C. Website
- New Jersey Employment Lawyer Blog
- Is it a Bonus or is it a Tip: When Must Payments from Third Parties be Counted When Calculating Overtime Pay?
10 September 2019
- Appellate Division Narrows But Enforces ADP’s Non-Compete Agreement
15 August 2019
- New Jersey Enacts Powerful New Wage & Hour Law Protections
6 August 2019
- Filing with EEOC Not Required for Court to Hear Title VII Lawsuit
2 July 2019
- Employer Liable for Injury Caused by Failure to Accommodate Employee’s Disability
24 June 2019
- Trial Lawyer Has Apparent Authority to Settle Discrimination Case
5 June 2019
- Termination Three Weeks After Medical Leave Supports Disability Discrimination Claim
1 May 2019
- Close Enough? Who is “Similarly Situated” Under New Jersey Law Against Discrimination?
17 April 2019
- New Jersey Employers Can’t Discriminate for Medical Marijuana Use Outside of Work
1 April 2019