Free Consultation: (850) 434-8904Tap to Call This Lawyer
Gregory P. Farrar

Gregory P. Farrar

We have been providing 30 years experience in personal injury and family law.
  • Personal Injury, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Mr. Farrar is active in the legal community an is serving on the board for: Florida Bar Association, Escarosa Bar Association, Northwest Florida Legal Services, Hearing Officer for the Escambia County School Board. He has served as Special Magistrate in both Escambia and Santa Rosa County. He brings his experience and knowledge to work for all his clients.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Family Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Free Consultation
    We offer free consultation so that we can assist with your a case evaluation and let you know your rights.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa
  • Contingent Fees
    We accept contingent fees on all personal injury cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
1st Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney
Farrar Law Firm
- Current
University of South Florida
B.A. | Liberal Arts
- present
University of South Florida Logo
Mississippi College School of Law
J.D. (1986) | Law
Mississippi College School of Law Logo
Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
Escambia Bar Association
Citizen of the Year
Clorida Coalition on the Homeless
For work with the homeless for over 24 years.
Service to the Poor
Northwest Florida Legal Services, Inc.
Received this award multiple times.
Service to Mankind Award
Sertoma Club
For work with the homeless and animals in Escambia and Santa Rosa County.
Ethical Business Award
Mr. Farrar received this award for his ethical and christian dealings with his clients.
Professional Associations
Northwest Florida Legal Services, Inc.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nrothwest Florida Legal Services
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Escarosa Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Escambia Bar Association
Executive Council
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Escambia COunty Real Estate Council
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Escarosa Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Real Estate Common Closing Questions
Escabia County Real Estate Council
Tatics and Strategies for Mediating a Family Law Case
Speaking Engagements
Radio Talk "All Legal Issues", Pensacola, Florida
Local Radio Stations
Time Sharing and Divorce, Pensacola, Florida
Escambia Bar Association
Real Estate Law, Pensacola, Florida
Escambia and Santa Rosa County Real Estate Council
Military Divorce, Pensacola, Florida
Escarosa Bar Association
Mediation Workshop, Pensacola, Florida
National Institute for Business Council
Christian Mediation, Pensacola, Florida
Christian Association
Florida Supreme Court Family Law Mediator
Florida Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Farrar Law Firm Blog
Legal Answers
38 Questions Answered

Q. Hello Justia, my question has to do with international travel with my kids.
A: You could file a motion in the court which currently has jurisdiction over your children requesting a court order authorizing you to obtain passports for the purpose of custom your family.
Q. My son is 24. I am in arrearages. He was in jail from age 17 till last year.The mother will sign off on amount due.
A: I suggest a stipulation of satisfaction of child suspport. However if the state of Florida is owed money a stipulation signed by the mother will not waive any amounts owed to the state,
Q. If i have aopen dcf case and im dating someone with a record and we get married will dcf still use his record against me
A: While you are under supervision by the department the individuals you live with may impact your reunification or continued placement of your children. I suggest you discuss with your case worker how this relationship may impact your case plan and your goal of restoring your family. Also you are likely represented by a court appointed attorney and you should discuss this with your attorney.
Q. I married a guy for love. He married me for Greencard. He never moved in with me. What do I do?
A: This appears to be a sham marriage. I would suggest you contact and discuss the implications with an immigration attorney regarding how this may impact your situation. Regardless you should initiate a petition for dissolution of marriage or given the circumstances perhaps a petition for annulment of marriage if it was never consummated.
Q. Can personal injury rewards be taken for back child support payments in florida
A: Yes.
Q. Is it possible for a grandparent to get weekend visitation? Not sure if it's our grandchild to begin with. No DNA done.
A: Grandparents have very limited rights. The parents have constitutionally recognized rights too choose whom they may wish their children to associate with including grandparents. So it is very unlikely a grandparent could get weekend visitation rights.
Q. Can the bio mom take the daughter whenever she pleases?
A: Unfortunately, the biological father of a child born out of wedlock does not have any significant rights until they are established by a court order. The father should seek to have the mother sign an acknowledgement regarding his paternity and an agreement regarding the timesharing of the child to insure his rights are established and protected. If she refuses to sign such paperwork he should file the appropriate pleading in court to establish his paternity and parenting rights.
Q. If the child lives with father and goes to school where father lives. Can the mother just up and take child?
A: The quick answer is yes. The mother is the presumptive custodian of a child born out of wedlock. If the parents are married when the child is born then both parents have the legal right to pick up the child from school. Verbal agreements are not typically enforceable and do not give third parties such as schools any authority to act any differently.
Q. If a bio father was ordered to pay child support in dependency court but has not is that grounds for tpr?
A: Failure to substantially comply with a case plan may be a ground to terminate parental rights particularly if the parent has not addressed the issues which caused the child to be determined to be dependent and the child cannot be reunified with the parent within one year of removal.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
109 North Palafox Street
Pensacola, FL 32501
Telephone: (850) 434-8904