Gina received her Bachelor's Degree from the University of Illinois and Juris Doctor from Southern Illinois University School of Law. During her law school career, Gina served as the Assistant Managing Editor of the Journal of Legal Medicine's Legal Medicine Perspectives.
Additionally, she interned at the St. Clair County State's Attorney's Office. Following graduation from law school, Gina worked for a large general practice defense firm in Springfield, Illinois. In 2018, Gina decided to focus her career on helping the injured and joined Kanoski Bresney.
Gina's pro bono activities are as follows:
Prairie State Legal Services, Volunteer Attorney, 2016 – present
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
Free Case Evaluation We assist with personal injuries and work-related injuries of all types. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and case evaluation, call our office at 888-U-COUNT-2 or 888-826-8682
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- English: Spoken, Written
- Kanoski & Bresney
- Associate Attorney
- Sorling Northrup
- Legal Interrn
- St. Clair County State's Attorney's Office
- First chaired jury trial; conducted bench trials; negotiated plea agreements with defendants in traffic court.
- SIU Self Help Legal Center
- Researched legal issues and wrote memoranda; provided information packets to individuals appearing pro se; drafted email responses to legal issues under the supervision of the managing attorney.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale
- J.D. (2014) | Law
- Honors: Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: Journal of Legal Medicine: Editorial Board Legal Medicine Perspectives: Assistant, Managing Editor
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (2011) | Major: Political Science
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences, 2011
- Honors: Honors: Dean's List Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Spring 2011
- Illinois State Bar  # 6316522
- McLean County Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Health Care Related Claim, Sherman v. HealthSouth Specialty Hospital, Inc.
- Legal Medicine Perspectives, November/December 2013 Vol 22. No. 6
- Emotional Distress, Yun Hee So v. Sook Ja Shin
- Legal Medicine Perspectives, July/August 2013 Vol. 22 No. 4.