Free Consultation: (618) 206-6232Tap to Call This Lawyer
Gary W. Wangler

Gary W. Wangler

  • Divorce, Criminal Law, Family Law ...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Experienced professional legal representation for criminal defense, drug cases, divorce, child custody and support, adoption, domestic violence, DUI/DWI, lawsuits, trials and appeals. Gary Wangler is an experienced attorney practicing in the Metro East and greater Southern Illinois area. Contact Gary Wangler with your legal questions or concerns at (618) 206-6232 or at (618) 514-3286 or by email Gary Wangler is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law. He is licensed to practice before the Illinois Supreme Court, the Fifth District Appellate Court and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. He has argued appeals before the Illinois Supreme Court, the Third, Fourth and Fifth District Appellate Courts and the Industrial Commission Division. He is well-versed in all phases of civil and criminal trial practice, both jury and non-jury.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Medical Malpractice
Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Workers' Compensation
Juvenile Law
Arbitration & Mediation
Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Additional Practice Area
  • Child Custody
  • Free Consultation
    First call is free. I will answer all your legal questions without charge by telephone.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Written
Professional Experience
Reed, Bruhn and Wangler, P.C.
Partner handling personal injury, workers' compensation, criminal defense, family cases, trials and appeals
Richard G. Reed, P.C.
Personal injury, workers' compensation, criminal defense, family law, trials and appeals
Louis E. Olivero and associates, LLC
Attorney handling personal injury, workers' compensation, criminal defense, family cases, trials and appeals
University of Illinois College of Law
J.D. (1980) | Law
University of Illinois College of Law Logo
Northern Illinois University
B.A. (1972) | Biology, Sociology
Honors: Summa Cum Laude with University Honors
Northern Illinois University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Illinois  # 6181708
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Child Support Changes. Will They Affect You or Someone You Love?
Gary W. Wangler
Breaking Up is Hard to Do
Gary W. Wangler
Speaking Engagements
Worker's Compensation in Illinois, United Steelworkers of Americal local union meeting
Worker's Compensation in Illinois, Bricklayer's Union meeting
Websites & Blogs
Affordable Legal Services
Gary Wangler Law
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered
Q. Can I file a wrongful death claim against a drunk driver that killed my husband?
A: Of course. Consult an attorney immediately as there are strict time limits to this kind of case. If you call my office I will answer any questions you may want to ask, free of charge.
Q. My 17yr old daughter moved in with her boyfriend and his family. Do I have to still pay ex wife child support
A: Before taking any self-help action and terminating child support payments on your own, you should first consult an attorney who will review the situation as well as the current child support order. I have handled cases similar to yours, and what happens is there will need to be a motion filed to modify child support, multiple trips to court and in all likelihood a contested hearing where the mother will probably testify that she is still supporting your daughter either in cash or in kind. By the time you get to court your daughter may have attained the age of eighteen. In the meantime you may have gotten mom thinking about going for college expenses since she's already in court anyway. You need to weigh the expense of that procedure versus the amount you hope to gain in terms of reduced child support. Depending on what you are paying, with your daughter closing in on age 18, the game may not be worth the candle. But definitely talk to a lawyer. Otherwise, if you quit paying on your own, you may soon find yourself staring down both barrels of a contempt petition, so be careful. ... Read More
Q. For a death resulting from a fire in an unsafe structure, would the landlord or the city be legally responsible?
A: Potentially both. It is impossible to address all possible circumstances where liability might be imposed without more information than what you have provided. You should consult an attorney immediately in order to protect and preserve your rights. There are strict time limits governing suits for wrongful death.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Gary Wangler Law Firm
114 Lincoln Place Court
Suite #103
Belleville, IL 62221-7884
Telephone: (618) 206-6232
Monday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 9 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed