Gary F. Danis concentrates his practice in the area of environmental and regulatory law. His area of practice includes compliance counseling and auditing involving all environmental media; compliance with the New Jersey Industrial Site Recovery Act ("ISRA") and the Site Remediation Reform Act (“SRRA”); negotiation of environmental permits and consent orders with federal and state agencies; defense of penalties and fines for environmental and OSHA violations and representation of Potentially Responsible Parties in CERCLA actions; environmental due diligence for business and real estate acquisitions and mergers; contract drafting and negotiation for real estate transfers, environmental remediation and construction projects; and cost recovery actions for environmental damages.
He has over 20 years of managerial background in the chemical industry, having served as Vice President for Plant Operations, and as Director of Engineering and Regulatory Affairs for the Millmaster Onyx Group of the Gulf Oil Corporation. During his tenure with Millmaster Onyx, he designed and implemented a corporate regulatory program to assure that the company's U.S. and overseas divisions complied with OSHA, TSCA and other environmental and safety and health regulations.
In his corporate position as Director of Engineering, he implemented major design and construction projects. His legal and technical expertise was also applied to due diligence requirements for acquisitions, divestitures and facility decommissioning activities, as well as contracts for acquisition of technology, raw materials, and equipment.
While serving as Divisional Vice President for Plant Operations for the Onyx Chemical Division of Millmaster, Gary was responsible for all daily production activities, maintenance and capital projects for the Jersey City, New Jersey location.
- Environmental Law
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Courts
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- English: Spoken, Written
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C.
- - Current
- Cooper Rose & English
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- J.D. (1976)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S. (1964)
- AV Rating
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Activities: Environmental Section
- Various Articles
- Environmental Permitting, Coatings World Magazine
- Speaker, Panelist
- Government Institutes, Metropolitan New York Paint and Coating Association, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Executive Enterprises, Chemical Waste Litigation Reporter
- Gary F. Danis' Website Profile
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C. Website
- Events Calendar
- Why Bring Lawyers In? – Attorney-Client Privilege Can Be Crucial for Businesses’ Protection
9 September 2019
- Lindabury Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers© List
15 August 2019
- Immediate Impact of the New Jersey Hemp Farming Act
13 August 2019
- NJ Hemp Farming Act
13 August 2019
- How One Hashtag Transformed the Law
8 August 2019
- Kathleen M. Connelly Quoted in ROI-NJ – “Drug Dilemma”
29 July 2019
- New Jersey Employees Now Accorded Expanded Family Leave Rights
23 July 2019
- How “Final” is a Final Restraining Order?
8 July 2019
- Andrew Gibbs Quoted in NJ-ROI – “Breaching Charge: Cybercrime Insurance is Rapidly Becoming Must-Have Asset for Companies — of Any Size
20 June 2019