Free Consultation: (254) 629-1333Tap to Call This Lawyer
Gary D. Peak

Gary D. Peak

Do You Want the Best Fighting for You?
  • Criminal Law, Family Law, Collections ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

After practicing for over 10 years in Houston, I was blessed to be able to return home and enjoy life as a small town attorney for the last 20 plus years. It is nice to have a practice to keep you on your toes and seeing new and different things every day. My practice in Family, Criminal, Consumer Collection Defense, Contract, and Personal Injury will definitely keep me on my toes. I also act as a Mediator and believe every case can be settled if it goes through Mediation. It is a way to allow parties to maintain control of the outcome of their case, whereas they turn it over to a Judge or Jury if they go to trial. Feel free to E-mail me with questions at, and I will strive to get your questions answered for you. I do not want a client to leave a visit with me, with unanswered questions, or at least a plan to get the answers if more research is required.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Cannabis & Marijuana Law
Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
  • Free Consultation
    I give free consultations on Personal Injury cases.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa and Mastercard
  • Contingent Fees
    For Personal Injury claims we represent clients on a contingency basis. We may also possibly represent someone in a large commercial case on a contingency.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Our Fee is normally based on an hourly rate. We discuss your case up front and give you an estimate of what we believe the case will end up costing. We normally require a retainer and the amount depends on the nature of the case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney and Mediator
Gary D. Peak Attorney& Mediator
- Current
I have been blessed to work for a slave driver since 1995.
Boswell & Hallmark PC
Briefing Attorney
11th District Court of Appeals
Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer College
other (2014) | TLC
Gerry Spence is one of the greatest attorney's this country has ever known. Learning some of what made Jerry what he is, was invaluable. It changed me, and the way I practice law, and my client's and I are some much better for it.
Activities: Psychodrama, Share the Story, Discovery the Story, Voir Dire, Open, Close, Creating a Tribe, Discovering one's Self
Placeholder image for education.
Texas Tech University School of Law
J.D. (1987)
Texas Tech University School of Law Logo
University of Texas - Austin
B.A. (1984)
University of Texas - Austin Logo
Professional Associations
Texas Association of Family Defense Attorneys
Charter Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer College
Region 4 Representative
- Current
Activities: Changing the way lawyers try cases.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
46 Questions Answered
Q. Can I file for a divorce while still living with my husband?
A: If you filed for a protective order over a month ago, either the Judge should have granted or denied it by now.

I suggest, getting an attorney of course, and filing for divorce, and temporary restraining order which could give you sole possession of the house until a hearing within 14 days of filing. Even if the Judge won't kick him out with a TRO, it can have other language in it to better protect you.
Q. When does child support stop?
A: It depends on whether he stays in school for summer school trying to graduate, or comes back in the fall to asses to graduate. I would meet with the school counselor who deals with issues like this trying to get kids to graduate and find out if there is a plan and if so what. Ask how they handle it paperwork wise if a child doesn't graduate as to whether they are still in school or not. What papers would be required to be filled out and submitted if he intends to take summer or classes in the Fall. If it is clear, or he admits in a text or otherwise he isn't going to continue with school, you can stop paying and let them prove you wrong. But, you will likely have to provide the Attorney General evidence he is no longer attending. ... Read More
Q. Vehicle was hit by another vehicle. Took it to paint shop. Went over the insurance estimate and removed a few items to s
A: The question is, do you have your vehicle or is it still at the shop? If they still have it I would get an attorney to write a demand letter for the car and regarding the bill. If not, you can simply refuse to pay and if they report it to the credit bureaus then sue them, or if they sue you, file a counterclaim. Or, you could have an attorney try to head any of that off by sending a letter threatening to file suit for this fraud they are trying to commit if they do not acknowledge the debt is paid in full. Finally, you could sue them for a crapping repair and paint job and deal with it all in that suit.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Gary D. Peak, Attorney & Mediator
Eastland Office
101 W. Main St
Eastland, TX 76448
Telephone: (254) 629-1333
Fax: (254) 631-0093