Ethan S. NochumowitzSilverman Thompson
- Medical Malpractice, Products Liability, Personal Injury ...
- State of Maryland
Ethan’s litigation practice is focused on complex catastrophic injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice matters.
The breadth of Ethan's experience is extensive, having successfully resolved serious injury and wrongful death cases arising out of, among other circumstances, automobile and tractor trailer collisions, pedestrian deaths, All-Terrain Vehicle accidents, construction accidents, drownings, boating/propeller accidents and house fires.
Ethan regularly obtains million dollar plus settlements and/or verdicts for his clients, and has achieved record-setting results. For example, in 2015 he obtained a $2.8 million jury verdict in Calvert County, Maryland, in a case arising out of the death of a 63 year-old husband and father in a car accident. The verdict is believed to be the largest in Calvert County history. As another example, in a case arising out of the death of a young boy who drowned in a pond, Ethan set out to satisfy a discrete legal element of the case without which the case could not survive. After spending hundreds of hours tracing voluminous and archaic legislative history, Ethan located and produced a document from 1975 which proved the necessary element of the case, resulting in a significant recovery for the boy’s family. His track record of obtaining tremendously favorable outcomes for his clients has resulted in him being regularly called upon to litigate the firm’s most serious, and often tragic of cases.
Ethan also enjoys performing pro bono legal services for deserving organizations that do important work in the local community. For example, he has represented The League for People With Disabilities, a charitable organization dedicated to providing vocational, rehabilitative, educational and medical services to thousands of individuals each year with multiple physical, cognitive and neurological disabilities.
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Consultations are complimentary.
- State of Maryland
- United States District Court, District of Maryland
- English: Spoken, Written
- Silverman Thompson
- Judicial Intern
- The Honorable George L. Russell, III
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- University of Miami
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- 2017 - 2020
- Maryland State Bar
- Ethan S. Nochumowitz's Website Profile
- Silverman Thompson Website
- Ethan S. Nochumowitz's Medical Website Profile
- Silverman Thompson Medical Website
- Maryland Accident Attorney Blog
- Maryland Lengthens the Statute of Limitations for Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse
April 21, 2017
- Amtrak Train Crash in Philadelhia
May 14, 2015
- Roland Park Bicycle Death Case Requires An Expereinced Attorney
December 29, 2014
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Lawyer Blog
- Propane Vaporizer Negligence
February 13, 2020
- Wrongful Birth Cases
January 31, 2020
- Missed Aortic Dissection Results in Death, $2.9m Medical Malpractice Verdict
April 7, 2017
- Maryland Divorce Lawyer Blog
- “Separation” anxiety? What you need to know about preparing for a divorce in Maryland
January 26, 2021
- Common Questions About Peace Orders In Maryland
December 30, 2020
- Common Questions About Protective Orders In Maryland
December 24, 2020
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Case Law Center
- George Alderman v. St. Joseph Medical Center, et al.
January 29, 2014
- Mary Elizabeth Garry, et al. v. Dr. Phillip Spinuzza, et al.
December 6, 2013
- Darrell Donaldson v. Dr. Christopher Morrow, et al.
December 4, 2013
- Maryland Criminal Attorney Blog
- Change in Mandatory Minimum Offender Law
August 31, 2020
- An Important Milestone in the Effort to Hold the City and Police Department Liable for the Harms Caused by the Gun Trace Task Force
August 6, 2020
- Maryland Justice Reinvestment Act
April 15, 2016
- Maryland Business Litigation Lawyer Blog
- Understanding The Limits of Your Fiduciary Powers – United Bank v. Buckingham
April 12, 2021
- Interesting Tax Option for Maryland Entities
March 29, 2021
- WeWork. WeLitigate.
January 19, 2021