Erin focuses her practice on banking, finance and commercial litigation. She has 9 years of experience representing creditors and financial institutions including national financial institutions and community banks. She is experienced in all areas of real estate litigation with a focus on residential and commercial mortgage lending litigation and counseling lenders in the best secured lending practices and collection strategies. Erin also represents banks and individuals in commercial litigation involving breaches of contract and fiduciary duties, fraud, statutory violations, consumer claims and corporate and partnership disputes, priority disputes, title claims and equitable subrogation. Additionally, she represents court appointed receivers in mortgage foreclosure. Erin has tried multiple cases to jury verdict.
Erin received her Juris Doctor from The John Marshall Law School. While in law school she interned with The Chicago Bar Association and clerked for a small general practice firm, concentrating in commercial litigation. Prior to joining The Collins Law Firm, she worked for a boutique real estate litigation firm in Chicago, Illinois concentrating in creditor’s rights litigation.
Prior to law school, Erin received her Bachelor of Arts from The University of Michigan with a major in History and a minor in Italian language.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C.
- - Current
- Gomberg Sharfman PC
- Matek and Mazar LLC
- The John Marshall Law School
- Honors: Dean’s List: Fall 2008; CALI Award Estates and Trusts
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- B.A. (2006) | History
- Activities: Minor in Italian Language
- State Bar of Illinois
- Erin E. Showerman's Website Profile
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C. Website
- Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer Blog
- What Insurance Covers Pedestrians Hit by a Car?
3 October 2019
- Attorney Shawn Collins’ Statement in Response to the Closing of Sterigenics’ Willowbrook Facility
1 October 2019
- Shawn Collins’ Statement Regarding Illinois EPA’s Decision to Give Sterigenics a Permit
27 September 2019
- Vaping-Related Lung Disease: The Hidden Danger in Your Vape Pen
16 September 2019
- Taking Zantac? FDA to Investigate Carcinogen in Zantac and Generic Versions
14 September 2019
- Have You Tested Your Private Drinking Water Well This Year?
13 September 2019
- It’s Only Natural…or Is It? Taking a Closer Look at “Natural” Cosmetic Products.
11 September 2019
- Do You Hear That? Tinnitus and Hearing Loss: The Unexpected Consequences of Your Airbag Deploying
10 September 2019
- Side Guards Prevent Fatal Accidents: So, Why Aren’t They Mandatory for Trucks?
4 September 2019