Free Consultation: (702) 710-8233Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eric Steven Day

Eric Steven Day

Day & Associates
  • Tax Law, Estate Planning, Elder Law...
  • Nevada
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

As an ex-IRS agent, I have developed over the years and in-depth knowledge of the IRS system and the processes that they use to conduct audits and collections of taxpayer accounts. With this knowledge I can provide expert representation to taxpayers throughout the nation by using their processes against them. With my help we can take care of anything that is consuming your mind and help put it to rest. Let me help you take care of your IRS issues and get you back to living life to the fullest. Call us at Day & Associates today!

Practice Areas
  • Tax Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
  • Business Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    When representing individuals involved in an accident we accept a contingency fee based form of payment.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US Tax Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Tax Attorney
Day & Nance
- Current
I am a tax attorney assisting clients with their disputes against the IRS. This involves both audits and IRS debt negotiations.
Attorney at Law
Day & Associates
- Current
We represent taxpayers in audits, tax appeals, tax court petitions, federal court and IRS debt negotiations. We have ex-IRS agents that know the process and are better qualified to provide expert representation.
Tax Attorney
Anderson Business Advisors
Intern/Office of Chief Counsel
Internal Revenue Service
Tax Compliance Officer
Internal Revenue Service
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
LL.M. (2014) | Taxation
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles Logo
University of Idaho
J.D. (2013) | Law
University of Idaho Logo
University of Nevada-Las Vegas
B.S. (2006) | Finance
University of Nevada-Las Vegas Logo
Professional Associations
Nevada State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
LL.M. - Master of Laws in Taxation
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
Websites & Blogs
Day & Associates
Legal Answers
60 Questions Answered

Q. Told my employer an IRS debt was settled, she deducted my pay anyway. Now I’m receiving refunds. Was that legal?
A: When the IRS requests a wage garnishment from the employer, they are obligated to follow it or they will receive punishment. Even if your employer believed you, they will not be able to discontinue the wage garnishment without the IRS notifying them.
Q. Would the IRS call me and tell me that I need to make arrangements to pay monies that I owe?
A: If the IRS has called you and indicated that they are coming to arrest you, this is just a scam and you should ignore the call. They are just trying to get some money out of you. The IRS starts the process of collecting on individuals by sending out mail correspondence.
Q. What happens if I get a tax audit? Do I have to go to court?
A: You would only go to court if you weren't able to agree on the audit determination through the initial audit or through the appeals process. Even then, if you were to petition the tax court, it is very unlikely that you would go all the way to the court for a trial.
Q. Can you go to jail for tax evasion?
A: Yes, it is possible to go to prison for tax evasion. Tax fraud is punishable by prison time.
Q. Can you go to jail for filing an incorrect number on your business's tax returns if it was an honest mistake?
A: You will not go to jail for filing your tax returns with an "honest" mistake on them. In order for you to serve time in prison for an incorrect tax return, the IRS would have to prove that you committed tax fraud. Tax fraud is only proven when the IRS can show that you INTENDED to defraud the government. Therefore, an "honest" mistake would likely not rise to INTENT.
Q. If I believe my boss is skimming money from his business, who would I report this to? The IRS?
A: You could report this to the IRS if he is not reporting all the income he is making to the IRS for tax purposes. The IRS has a whistleblower program, where you can turn in individuals or businesses for evading taxes and take a percentage of whatever the IRS is going to collect from the taxpayer. However, the IRS usually is looking for the big cases that has potential to collect in the millions of dollars because they have to use a certain amount of resources to prove it. Additionally, you would have to provide to the IRS some concrete evidence this is happening in order for them to want to follow up on it.
Q. My ex husband filed jointly the year we were in the process of divorce. I assume he ucollected the full refund amount
A: If anything can be done, it would have to be taken care of through the court holding jurisdiction over the court. The IRS just issues the correct refund. They are not going to be aware of your pending divorce decree.
Q. May I prepare I financial statement without a CPA license? Can you show he Indiana Code that supports your answer?
A: I am not an Indiana Attorney, but generally anybody can prepare a financial statement for their business. Where you would need the licensing is if you were preparing financial statements for a publicly traded company or you were Auditing those financial statements.
Q. I got whiplash as a result of a rear-end accident. Can I sue for pain and suffering?
A: Yes, you will have to retain an attorney to file a complaint against the individual driving the other car. However, you will need to get the treatment needed as soon as possible and probably wait until treatment is done in order to know what the value of your case is before filing the Complaint.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Tax Attorney
1060 Wigwam Parkway
Henderson, NV 89074
Toll-Free: (702) 710-8233
Telephone: (702) 710-8233
Cell: (702) 525-3858
Fax: (702) 309-1085