Free Consultation: (407) 260-6001Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eduardo J. Mejias

Eduardo J. Mejias

AAA Family Law, LLC
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Call Eduardo J. Mejias at (407) 260 - 6001 to schedule an initial consultation.

I will: (a) meet with you at the initial consultation to discuss your situation. and (b) personally keep you informed of the progress of your case and respond to all of your phone calls and e-mails within 24 hours.

I have been practicing law since 1999, family law since 2005, and exclusively family law since 2011. I have represented clients in more than sixty trials, dozens of depositions and hundreds of mediations involving family law cases like divorce, alimony, child support, paternity and their appeals. My extensive knowledge of family law and my familiarity with judges lets me to see options that less experienced attorneys would not think of.

I will: (a) answer your questions honestly, (b) offer you a clear and understandable strategy for achieving your objectives and (c) aggressively litigate your case by using every available legal tool to protect your interests.

And you will always know the amount of your retainer fee before you pay, and it will be reasonable and easy to understand.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Appeals & Appellate
Additional Practice Areas
  • Child Support
  • Child Custody
  • Divorce Mediation
  • Enforcement of Decrees
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • State Child Protection
  • Spousal Support
  • Child Time Sharing
  • Military Family Issues
  • Adoptions
  • Domestic Violence Injuctions
  • Paternity
  • Department of Children and Families (DCF)
  • Post-Judgement Enforcement of Decrees
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations are over the phone for 30 minutes. A one hour consultation at the office costs $100.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Master Card and Discovery and Zelle
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    The AAA Family Law retainer fees are almost all flat (or fixed). Call (407) 260-6001 for details. A complete explanation of the ranges of fees for each practice area appears on our website on
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
AAA Family Law, LLC
I have been practicing law in Florida since 1999, family law since 2003, and specializing exclusively in family law cases in Orlando since 2011. This includes: Adoptions, Alimony or Spousal Support, Child Custody or Time Sharing, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence Injunctions, Enforcement of Decrees, Divorce Mediations, Military Family Issues, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, and State Child Protection.
University of Florida
J.D. (1997) | Law
Honors: Graduated with Honors
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
B.A. (1994) | Political Science
Honors: Graduated with High Honors
University of Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 161187
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
AAA Family Law, LLC Serving The Orlando Metro Area
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. Can my husband of almost 20 yrs. just pick up and desert me? No kids. I'm in my 60s. He has all the money
A: In Florida a spouse can obtain a divorce without a specific reason. However, you may be able to extract alimony from him. A court might also order your husband to pay your attorney's fees. If you have any questions about a divorce, I encourage you to call me and scheudule a free consultation.
Q. My child's father haven't see her in 4 yrs stop paying child support and now file for timeshare for my 12 yrs old.
A: I want to add that you can file a counter-petition that asks for retroactive chlid support. However, if there already exists an judicial order estabilshing a child support amount, you should file a motion for contempt against the father. If the court finds the father in contempt, you will probably be awarded the attorney's fees that you spent. Also, the court will likely order the father to graudally pay off the child support arrears. I encourage you to call me and schedule a free consultation if you have any questions.
Q. Dcf was called with allegations of drug use in my home . I'm told to go take urine drug test . What r my rights
A: Normally, when DCF pays you a visit, its because the other parent complained of a real or perceived threat to the child(ren)'s welfare. Even worse, the other parent may just be seeking leverage in his/her family law case against you. Fortunately, unless a judicial order compels you take a drug test, you are not required to do so merely to aid a DCF investigation. However, if you are confident that the results will be negative, it may be worthwhile to self-administer one just to give DCF a good reason to close its investigation. However, I would have to know more about the facts before I can advise you on what to do. I encourage you to call my office and schedule a free consultation. Have a great afternoon.
Q. What do me and my daughters mother need to do when we are getting married and I pay support for my daughter?
A: You need to file what is referred to as a Supplemental Petition for Modification of Child Support. Basically, you are requesting a termination of your child support obligation due to the substantial change in cirumstance of your marriage to the mother of your child. Please keep in mind that your child support obligation will not terminate automatically. You must be proactive and file the petition that I just mentioned. If you need more guidance, feel free to call my office and schedule a free consultation.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
283 Crane Roost Blvd., Suite 111
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Telephone: (407) 260-6001
Fax: (407) 260-6001