Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Appeals & Appellate
- Communications & Internet Law
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Constitutional Law
- public utility law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Websites & Blogs
2 Questions Answered
- Q. IN order to change the Texas constitution wording, what is needed as far as a bill or other action?
- A: Article 17, Section 1 of the Texas Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed by the Legislature. Such an amendment requires a 2/3rds vote of both the House and the Senate
- Q. Oncor Electric has power poles that are on our property - we asked that they bury the lines - do we have any recourse ?
- A: If the power poles provide power to your property, you might be able to get Oncor to bury the associated lines - IF you are willing to pay for the extra expense. Oncor's tariff provides: 184.108.40.206.3 Underground Delivery Service Underground service is provided to Retail Customer under the following conditions: a) Location and routing of Company's Delivery System is determined by Company. b) Prior to beginning of construction, Retail Customer provides easements at no cost to Company for the underground conductors, padmount transformers and associated equipment. Retail Customer shall execute a written easement agreement with Company in a form acceptable to Company, including, but not limited to, the form easement agreements set forth in Section 6.3 of this Tariff. c) Company may extend its conductors to Retail Customer's switchgear or service entrance enclosure when Company considers such conductors as being outside of building. d) Before the installation of Company's underground Delivery System facilities, Retail Customer completes rough site grading, establishes final grade along the conductor route, and clears area of all obstructions. Any installation of obstructions (such as asphalt or concrete walk, driveway, street, alley, parking facilities, etc.) which interfere with the installation of Company facilities will be corrected by and at the expense of Retail Customer. No change is made in the grade along the conductor route or easement without consent of Company. Any lowering or raising of electrical conductors or associated equipment required by any change in grade is at the expense of Retail Customer, including necessary grade work. e) Competitive Retailer or Retail Customer pays any amount due under this Rate Schedule, as applicable.
Contact & Map