E. Hardy Smith
- Arbitration & Mediation, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice ...
Hardy Smith is a courtroom lawyer with more than 30 years of experience representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Arizona. His areas of experience include both prosecution and defense of personal injury claims, including medical malpractice and product liability; insurance law and litigation, including coverage and bad faith claims; contracts and contract litigation; employment law; civil rights; and general civil litigation. Hardy holds Martindale-Hubbell’s prestigious AV rating, awarded to lawyers who have earned the respect of their peers and who adhere to the highest ethical standards.
Hardy has represented scores of healthcare providers and other licensed professionals before Arizona state licensing and regulatory boards (including medical, dental, nursing, osteopathic, psychologists, physical therapy, naturopathic, chiropractic, behavioral health and veterinary boards). He has assisted licensed professional clients in responding to complaints filed with regulatory boards, handling matters requiring mandatory reporting, providing representation in disciplinary investigations and administrative hearings and prosecuting appeals from administrative decisions.
With the opening of his solo law practice, Hardy now offers his services as a mediator to facilitate dispute resolution in lieu of uncertain, expensive and time consuming litigation. This new role allows him to apply the legal knowledge, advocacy skills and practical courtroom experience he developed over more than 30 years spent representing clients concerning their own legal matters. His understanding of the law and the legal system, coupled with his substantial experience evaluating litigation strategies and assessing case values and probable outcomes, makes him invaluable as an effective facilitator of settlement outside the courtroom.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Insurance Defense
- Civil Litigation
I do not charge prospective clients for consulting on whether I feel they have a case and whether I am the right lawyer to represent them.
I accept contingent fees in cases that are appropriate for that type of billing arrangement.
- 9th Circuit
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- University of Arizona
- J.D. (1985) | Law
- Honors: With Honors
- Activities: Arizona Law Review
- University of Arizona
- B.S. (1982) | Agriculture, Animal Health Science
- Honors: With High Honors
- Arizona State Bar
- Pima County Bar Association
- Past President
- Pima County Bar Foundation
- President, Founding Trustee
- - Current
- AV Rating
- Martindale Hubbell