Free Consultation: (501) 315-0092Tap to Call This Lawyer
Don Spears

Don Spears

40+ years of experience with all types of cases
  • Real Estate Law, Probate, Family Law...
  • Arkansas, Arkansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been in practice for over 40 years and has recovered multiple verdicts and settlements of over $1,000,000.00 for personal injury clients. I have even taught classes for other attorneys on closed head brain injuries which are my specialty. I am equally experienced in Real Estate Law, Probate Law and Family Law.

Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Probate
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent fees are agreed upon between attorney in client in all personal injury cases and in some other cases where the client stands to gain a considerable amount of money on a winning case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Organizing Member
Arkansas Development Finance Authority
Appointed by then Gov. Bill Clinton. Later served another term on the same board.
University of Arkansas - Little Rock
J.D. (1975) | Law
University of Arkansas - Little Rock Logo
Ouachita Baptist University
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Arkansas State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. My husband and i havent lived together in two months. Can we start seeing other people legally?
A: Your question is more of a moral instead of legal one. According to Arkansas law if you are still married you would be committing adultery which is grounds for divorce.
Q. How quickly after a marriage can a person file for divorce?
A: There is no time limit on how long you must stay married in order to file for a divorce in Arkansas. Depending on what your grounds would be, there is a possibility for an annulment which is just about the same process and costs of a divorce.
Q. I want to file for legal separation in Ar. We live together but he does not give me money nor pay any family bills.
A: You Have grounds for divorce and with that many problems you need to get on with your life.
Q. If I'm renting to own, i leave for vacation for a couple months ,do i have to give owner a key if I'm buying the house?
A: Generally the owner or mortgage holder has the right of inspection. That right is usually granted in the contract documents. However giving them a key is a big ask. My suggestion would be to give a key to someone you trust if they want to inspect. Without seeing the paperwork I am just stating general principles.
Q. Can't get my car registration changed over due to my uncle not paying HIS lawyer. Probate is final through the court.
A: Most states have what they call an affidavit of heir ship that you can fill out showing you as the heir. I am assuming that your uncle gave you the car by will?
Q. My father died august 10. I am the executor and the only beneficiary of the will. He has 4 small lots. Does probate have
A: If you are the sole heir and only child you may be able to do an Affidavit of Small Estate.
Q. My husband died last month. Do you have to file a will for probate?
A: If you and your husband were both named on the deed to the property, as his surviving spouse, the land is yours. If you were not, you should see an attorney who can advise you on how to go about getting title to the real estate.
Q. my mother died in may she had no will i want to know what to do to get her home and car and land in my name
A: You should see an attorney right away to first find out if the value of your mother's estate is such that an Affidavit for Collection of Small Estate could be filed instead of a full probate matter. Once that is determined, the attorney can assist you in filing the correct documents. If you are an only child, it should be a rather simple matter whichever route you go.
Q. I was asked to sign an entry of appearance, waiver of notice and accountings. Is this standard for an estate in probate?
A: As long as you do not contest the appointment of the proposed person to be the administrator of the estate and you trust them to distribute the assets of the estate according to the wishes of the deceased or according to state law if there is no will, it is certainly a standard practice for you to sign that document. That waives the administrator having to have a hearing set every time something is done with the assets and you having to be notified to show up for said hearing.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Spears Law Office
113 So. Market St.
Benton, AR 72015
Telephone: (501) 315-0092
Fax: (888) 748-5786