Free Consultation: (918) 456-1304Tap to Call This Lawyer
Doak Willis

Doak Willis

Trial Attorney of Doak Willis Law Firm
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Family Law...
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Doak is a trial attorney who has experience helping clients to successfully resolve their legal problems. Early in his career he left the private practice and joined the District Attorneys staff where he served as the First Assistant District Attorney for Wagoner, Cherokee, Adair, and Sequoyah Counties. Doak re-entered private practice after his public service and represents clients on a wide range of legal issues from family law, criminal law,probates, real estate transactions, and other business issues to name a few. Doak has tried numerous cases before Juries involving both criminal and civil issues. He has successfully represented clients before a Jury on Murder and Manslaughter charges with verdicts of not guilty.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    $150 to $200 per hour litigation. Set fee on Criminal Jury Trials.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Oklahoma Bar Association
- Current
Member of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. | Law
University of Tulsa College of Law Logo
Northeastern State University - Muskogee campus
B.A. | History;Political Science
Honors: Deans Honor Roll
Activities: President of Phi Lambda Chi Fraternity 1975-1976
Placeholder image for education.
University of Oklahoma
Political Science; Philosophy
University of Oklahoma Logo
Legal Answers
156 Questions Answered

Q. I completed a total remodel of a rent house now owner refuses to pay me, how can I collect my money
A: If you were the contractor, you can file a mechanics and materialmans lien on the property as long as it is not too long after you last worked on the property or supplied materials. Then if they don't pay, you can foreclose the lien.
Q. I am selling my house and signed a contract with buyer for $X. Appraisal came in $X-7 so closing got postponed while
A: Only a Court can determine whether a contract is null and void. If you are seeking to terminate the contract, you must get an agreement with the buyers.
Q. Can a life estate be terminated if the owner of the life estate has abandoned the property?
A: Yes. You must see an attorney to get it properly terminated however.
Q. Co Heir sold property via Quit Claim Deed...part two
A: Any attorney you speak with about this issue will be unable to give you a good answer until he/she is able to see the different deeds you speak of and the quiet titles you speak of along with a few more facts.
Q. Can a Quiet Title be successfully challenged?
A: If the quiet title action has been completed to Judgment, it would be very difficult to overturn that Judgment. If it has not gone to judgment, you can win some quiet title cases depending of course on the facts of the case.
Q. How to terminate a domestic partnership in the state of OK
A: You will need to hire an attorney in order to properly terminate a partnership in Oklahoma as there may be many issues to resolve that requires an attorneys knowledge.
Q. I have court tomorrow can i grt arrested if i have past due tickets and a missed court?
A: Yes. If brought to the attention of the Judge, he or she will order you to jail if there is an outstanding warrant.
Q. Can I owe back child support even if I'm paid up due to a recent increase in payment because salary raise?
A: The Court cannot go back to the point you received a salary increase unless that was the same date the motion to modify your child support was filed. In other words, the date of filing for the modification will be the date that your income from that date forward will be used to calculate your new child support payment. Therefore, depending on how long it was from the initial filing for the increase until the date the Judge signs the new order, you may owe some back due support if more under the guidelines.
Q. My step daughters father hasn’t paid child support in more than 16 years
A: Yes. An attorney can prepare the necessary paperwork to reduce the arrearage to Judgment and set up payments without requesting contempt proceedings.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Doak Willis, Attorney
400 S. Muskogee Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464
Telephone: (918) 456-1304