Healthcare, Regulatory, Special Needs & Estate Planning Attorney and Judge of Gwinnett County Magistrate Court
Mr. DJ Jeyaram provides legal services to a wide variety of healthcare providers including physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, Medicaid waiver providers as well as special needs families.
Healthcare & Regulatory
Mr. Jeyaram concentrates in healthcare regulatory matters, primarily in administrative appeals, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, and program integrity audits and investigations.
Mr. Jeyaram’s practice also includes assisting clients with Stark, Anti-kickback issues, Certificate of Need (CON), Letters of Non-Reviewability (LNR), acquisition and opposition, as well as negotiating business, employment and contractual relationships between healthcare providers.
Special Needs Trusts, Guardianships & Medicaid Appeals
In addition, Mr. Jeyaram specializes in wills, special needs trusts, guardianships, estate planning and Katie Beckett and NOW/COMP appeals.
Extensive Legal & Judicial Experience
Mr. Jeyaram has significant experience appearing before the Composite State Medical Board and the Department of Community Health, representing CMOs and other healthcare entities in audit and recoupment actions. In addition, he has represented several healthcare providers before the federal Department of Health and Human Services.
Prior to establishing his own practice, Mr. Jeyaram was with large firms’ healthcare groups. In addition, Mr. Jeyaram’s experience includes serving as the Deputy Director for Legal Services with the Georgia Department of Community Health and as a Georgia Administrative Law Judge with the Office of State Administrative Hearings.
While an Administrative Law Judge, Mr. Jeyaram’s cases centered on Medicaid/DCH provider reimbursement, and he had primary responsibility for all healthcare provider litigation including program integrity issues, medical necessity and utilization review.
- Health Care Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Elder Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Magistrate Court
- Gwinnett County Court
- - Current
- Jeyaram & Associates
- - Current
- At Jeyaram & Associates, we offer legal services on issues such as: Medicaid and Medicare provider issues Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) appeals Regulatory consultation including Stark, Anti-Kickback and False Claims Physician licensure Certificate of Need/Letter of Non-Reviewability Program integrity audits and investigations Administrative hearings and appeals Corporate formation Contracts HIPAA Fraud and abuse matters Employment matters
- Senior Associate Healthcare Attorney
- Morris, Manning & Martin
- Senior Associate in the corporate healthcare practice group concentrating on representing healthcare providers in their various corporate, regulatory and litigation matters. Areas of concentration included: - Analyzing proposed complex business relationships between healthcare providers for federal and state regulatory compliance, including the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark II and other fraud and abuse statutes. - Advising healthcare providers in corporate business planning and transactions. - Advising clients regarding HIPAA Privacy and Security. - Assisting healthcare provider groups in resolving business and employment disputes. - Representing and advising healthcare providers in Medicare and Medicaid litigation, reimbursement issues, investigations, audits and appeals as well as managed care contracting. - Counseling providers throughout the medical industry on reimbursement issues. - Supervising junior associates, paralegals and secretaries.
- Administrative Law Judge
- Office of the State Administrative Hearings
- - Conducted hearings and other administrative court proceedings in more than 235 types of contested cases involving state regulatory agencies specializing healthcare regulatory matters but also including insurance and employment issues - Researched, drafted and issued legal decisions and rulings on preliminary and final matters utilizing various standards of proof including “probable cause,” “preponderance” and “clear and convincing evidence” - Periodic role as presiding judge overseeing 16 other judges and staff members; created and managed task schedules and address emergency and presiding cases in addition to assigned caseload - Managed and processed a case docket of about 100 open-pending cases a month - Attended the National Judicial College “Advanced Evidence” and “Judicial Training” programs - Registered lobbyist representing OSAH at the Georgia Legislature
- Senior Associate
- Drew Eckl & Farnham
- - Conducted extensive civil discovery, pretrial preparation and trial litigation in defense of property, shipping, products liability and subrogation cases - Lead trial counsel in significant cases from discovery to trial - Supervised associate attorney, p
- Attorney - Deputy Director
- Georgia Department of Health
- - Litigated Medicaid reimbursement cases involving eligibility, Peachcare for Kids, termination and entitlement issues in administrative court hearings - Lead counsel in more than 130 contested cases seeking recoupment in some instances in excess of $1 million - Advised Department on a variety of legal subjects including contracting for managed care entities Georgia Better Health Care and Peachcare programs, fraud and abuse, third party liability, liens and contract formation - Drafted key provisions of the agency’s policies and procedures manual; lobbied before the legislature on key issues for the Department - Registered lobbyist representing the Department at the Georgia Legislature
- Boston University
- B.A. | International Relations
- - present
- Honors: Dean’s List – Golden Key Honor Society
- Activities: - Teaching Assistant for Graduate Level Course - Crisis Simulation Exercises: Team Leader 1991-1993 Rand Corporation, Department of Defense and Naval War College
- Emory University School of Law
- Top Rated Lawyer
- Georgia's Legal Leaders
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Georgia Bar Association/National Asian Pacific ABA
- Georgia Bar
- California State Bar
- Massachussetts State Bar
- FOCUS & Fragile Kids
- Former Board Memer
- Preparing for Adulthood, Roswell, GA
- • Protecting NOW/COMP benefits • How to Appeal NOW/COMP denials • Special Needs Trusts • Guardianships September 20, 2017, 7 -8:30 p.m. at Precision Chiropractic - Roswell sponsored by Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) Georgia Chapter 1.How to Win A Katie Beckett Appeal. Presentation on how to appeal a Katie Beckett Denial, do you need a lawyer? How to prepare and what to expect. 2.Protecting Benefits with Special Needs Trusts. Basics on what a special needs trust is and how they work. Thursday, September 21 10:00 am – 12:00 pm 3825 Presidential Parkway, Suite 103 Atlanta, GA 30340
- How To Win A Katie Beckett Appeal By Georgia's Medicaid Legal Expert, Atlanta, GA
- FOCUS & Fragile Kids
- Two Things Every Special Needs Parent Should Know: 1.How to Win A Katie Beckett Appeal. Presentation on how to appeal a Katie Beckett Denial, do you need a lawyer? How to prepare and what to expect. 2.Protecting Benefits with Special Needs Trusts. Basics on what a special needs trust is and how they work. Thursday, September 21 10:00 am – 12:00 pm 3825 Presidential Parkway, Suite 103 Atlanta, GA 30340
- Special Needs Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Healthcare, Administrative, Corporate & Estate Planning Experts
- The Most Important Lists You Need To Write Today
29 November 2017
- Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Lawyer For Your Will vs. Using An Online Service
25 September 2017
- When & How Often Should You Update Your Will?
12 August 2017
- Individuals With Disabilities Can Now Set Up Their Own Special Needs Trusts
9 August 2017
- ABLE Account & Special Needs Trust: Do You Need Both?
21 July 2017
- Not Sure Who Should Be Your Child’s Guardian? Here Are Some Tips
12 July 2017
- GA’s City & Urban Hospitals Will Be Impacted By The American Health Care Act
5 July 2017
- Creating A Special Needs Trust Is Easier Than You Think
11 June 2017
- Former Jeyaram & Associates’ Interns Shine
7 June 2017