Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Civil Rights
Free and confidential initial consultation.
- Credit Cards Accepted
I don't get paid unless I get a recovery for you.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Courts
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- ID Number: 69814
- Founding Owner
- The Privitera Law Firm LLC
- - Current
- Mr. Privitera is the founder of The Privitera Law Firm LLC and concentrates his practice on the representation of catastrophically injured victims. Before launching his own solo practice, Mr. Privitera successfully handled a broad range of complex personal injury and wrongful death cases at the law firm of Privitera and Hurley LLC (2015 – 2019) and at the law firm of Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, PC (2007 – 2015). Mr. Privitera’s formidable trial advocacy skills have resulted in multi-million dollar and other significant recoveries on behalf of his injured clients and their families. From 2000 through 2007, Mr. Privitera was a litigation attorney at the prominent law firm of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, where he litigated mass tort and products liability cases, contract and business disputes and white collar criminal matters. Mr. Privitera is also a former Philadelphia prosecutor and a seasoned veteran of hundreds of bench and jury trials. Before his tenure as a city prosecutor, Mr. Privitera also served as a federal judicial law clerk to the Honorable John R. Padova, a Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Mr. Privitera is a distinguished leader in the Philadelphia legal community. In December 2018, Mr. Privitera was elected to a three year term on the Board of Governors of the Philadelphia Bar Association. Since 2012, Mr. Privitera also has been active as a member and officer of the Justinian Society of Philadelphia and currently serves as its Vice Chancellor. Since 2012, Mr. Privitera also has served on the Editorial Board of the Verdict, a publication of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association. He also serves on the Investigative Panel of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Commission, which evaluates candidates for statewide appellate courts. He has written and lectured on topics related to personal injury litigation. Mr. Privitera also has distinguished himself among his peers having earned numerous professional awards. Among them, Mr. Privitera has been repeatedly recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for a total of 10 years, 9 consecutive years and, in 2018, being named to the Top 100 Lists of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Super Lawyers. Since 2011, Mr. Privitera also has earned an “AV” Preeminent Lawyer Rating from Martindale-Hubbell which identifies the highest legal ability and ethical standards as determined by other attorneys and judges. Since 2017, Mr. Privitera also has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for his work in the field of plaintiff’s product liability litigation. Whether it be his prior pro bono work defending innocent homeowners in civil forfeiture proceedings, obtaining permanent residency status for an Iraqi interpreter nearly-killed in a car bombing attack or helping his young daughter start her own Alex’s Lemonade Stand, Mr. Privitera has made a difference in people’s lives. Mr. Privitera is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Mr. Privitera received his J.D., cum laude, from Temple University School of Law in 1993 and his BA in Journalism from the University of Massachusetts in 1989. Specialties: Injures and Death caused by Negligent Security, Childhood Sexual Abuse, Swimming Pool and Drowning Accidents, Slip and Falls, Construction Site Accidents, Auto, Motorcycle, Train and Tractor Trailer Accidents, Police Brutality, Excessive Force, Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect, Daycare Sexual Abuse, Medical Malpractice, Drunk Drivers, Liquor Liability and Dram Shop, Auto Defects and Other Defective Products.
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- B.A. | Journalism
- Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Honors: cum laude, recognized as Dean’s Honor Scholar, earned several distinguished performance awards in trial advocacy, and was the recipient of the prestigious Sarah A. Shull Memorial Award which is presented to the Temple Law graduate demonstrating excellence in legal research and writing.
- Activities: Managing Editor of the Temple Law Review, published a casenote law review article.
- Pennsylvania Rising Star Super Lawyer
- Philadelphia Magazine
- Lawyer on the Fast Track
- Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly
- Pro Bono Roll of Honor
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State Bar  # 69814
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
Contact & Map