Free Consultation: (330) 394-1587Tap to Call This Lawyer
Dimitrios Makridis

Dimitrios Makridis

Attorney Dimitri Makridis of Makridis Law Firm is a top Columbus DUI Lawyer. He
  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Personal Injury...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Makridis Law Firm brings almost 40 years of legal experience to Criminal, Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Employment, Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability, Estate Planning, and Domestic cases.

Schedule your free consultation today by calling (330) 394-1587.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Greek: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
General Counsel
Hyperion Motors
- Current
Intake Officer
City of Columbus
Ohio State University - Columbus
B.S. (2012) | Operations Management and Supervision
Ohio State University - Columbus Logo
Capital University Law School
J.D. (2012)
Capital University Law School Logo
Cross-examining Police Officers in OVI Cases
American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
Lead Counsel Rating in Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor
Lead Counsel
Professional Associations
Columbus Bar Association Lawyers For Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Job Market: How to Stand Out from your Competitors
Columbus Bar Lawyers Quarterly
Deposition Etiquette... NOT!
Professional Liability Defense Quarterly
Speaking Engagements
Trial Preparation from Start to Finish, PACO, Columbus, OH
Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2020
Super Lawyers
Legal Answers
32 Questions Answered

Q. If I went to pre trial pled guilty but have to go back for sentencing can I withdraw my plea felony 4
A: Depends. Talk to your lawyer.
Q. When trying to gain employment with a felony, when does the 5 yr begin, when indicted or convicted.
A: When can I apply for expungement? 1 felony = 3 years from the date the case is closed; 2 felonies = 4 years from the date the case is close; 3, 4, or 5 felonies = 5 years from the date the case is closed. "The date the case is closed" is the date you finish: serving any jail or prison sentence; serving any term of probation or parole; and / or paying any and all fines (including restitution).
Q. My 11yr old son came home from school Thursday telling me that the teacher/councilor locked him in a room
A: Give Albeit Weiker (in Columbus, Ohio) a call. Best education lawyers I know.
Q. If I have a warrant for a probation violation what’s the chances of me getting sent to prison
A: You haven't provided enough information to answer this question. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney near you who is familiar with your judges, courtrooms, etc. They will be able to give you an idea of what you are realistically looking at.
Q. Am I eligible for expungement/sealed on my record for theft 1st degree misdemeanor?
A: Based on having just those prior convictions on your record, you would be an eligible offender for purposes of expungement for the theft.
Q. could I be charged for disorderly conduct when my father came into my house unwelcome and assaulted me with my own weapo
A: Did you call the police? I would call and report it, if you haven't already. If you are charged with something (doubtful if you haven't been charged yet), I would hire a criminal defense attorney at that time.
Q. I'm 17 and live in Columbus ,Ohio.I got in a fight with a family friend and he physically abused me naked. What do I do?
A: You can go to the intake office at 375 S. High St., 7th floor, Columbus, OH 43215 to file a complaint. An intake officer will interview you, collect all evidence necessary, and then a prosecutor will review the evidence and determine whether there is probable cause to file charges. Because you are still 17, I believe you will need a guardian with you.
Q. My son was picked up by a women who had her child with her. He purchased drugs from her. They got pulled over ,searched
A: Hire a lawyer
Q. Can I be charged with obstruction if I refuse to exit my car at a dui checkpoint
A: You need to hire an OVI defense attorney asap.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
155 S Park Ave
Suite 160
Warren, OH 44481
Telephone: (330) 394-1587
Fax: (330) 394-3070